X

Gas gauge not working...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas gauge not working...

Ok, so I did some engine work on my kat earlier this year. During which I drained my tank out because I thought there was some water in it. I just simply flipped the tank upside down and dumped it. Then I gave it a shake to get the last of the liquid over the lip. I think in doing so I must have messed something up in the float mechanism. When I got it all back together it would read 1/2 tank when full. Then it would read empty with about 3 gallons of gas left in it. After about a week or so it actuall went back to normal for about 2 tanks. I did absolutely nothing to fix it...it just started working. Then it just quit working all together. The mechanic at the local Suzuki shop tole me he thought it was in the guage or the wire connection that goes to it. He says if it was the float that it would have acted differently. He says that instaead of 1/2 tank at full and empty at 1/2 tank it would be 1/2 tank at full and at 1/2 tank then it would work properly frome there on. It makes sence to me but I had my dash apart and follower all wires...I think it is all good. Also when I turn the key on the gas gauge actually moves. It goes from completely empty to the middle of the red line and stays there until I turn the key off. I guess I am just looking for input. Is there a way to check and see if my float is stuck? Use a bent hanger to poke at it through the tank or something?

mine started acting up too . i just ordered a new sending unit from bike bandit and its all good now . you might want to check the connections from the sender to the harness and make sure there clean and secure .

Comment

get a new on off of ebay

Comment

Working...
      X