Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

N E 1 Put a B12 in their Kat 750? I want to talk to you!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N E 1 Put a B12 in their Kat 750? I want to talk to you!!

I have a 89 Katana 750 I've had it for a few years and love it! Looks great, rides great and just a all around fun bike. (turns a few heads too, especially when they hear that it's 20 yrs old!) I have read up on a few articles that tell me that the Bandit B12 is almost a direct fit for these bikes. What I would like to know was from your experience what did you need to buy for parts (and rough cost) and aprox how much (not including labor if you had it done for you) did it cost you to make this change over? My brother is moving back from TX pretty soon and is very mechanicaly inclined and has said that he would love to tackle this for me so I'm just trying to get a idea. Also was it worth the bang for the buck? Were you able to leave the fairings in tact and able to fit motor etc it. did you need to make any changes to the suspension? if so what? Any insite on this topic would be great, also if you have another idea for a motor that might be a better choice for a upgrade such as the gsxr1100 then please feel free to speak up! Thank you all in advance!
    Life comes fast pavement comes faster!sigpic

Engine swap thread . Look for it .....
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Nice bike, I got one, same year and paint scheme too
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Thanks Chris it's a great bike, I gotta tell you the best thing I ever did was put a set of Dunlop Qualifiers on it with a 160/60 rear made a big differance in handling.
        Life comes fast pavement comes faster!sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X