Vibration, vibration, vibration.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My lady never seems to mind.

Comment

I noticed it today on the fwy going about 80-90. I kind of loosely grab the grips. I didn't notice until I was squeezing the grips to look for it. Interesting stuff.
      I invite you to church.

Comment

iv got a 96 with no bar ends. i get a fairly decent vib, but only on the right side. my hand goes to sleep, only takes about 20 mins... would weighted ends help? also, the bar itself is bent, try to fix or just rebend it? if replace, where can i get one?

Comment

Originally posted by neon punk View Post
          iv got a 96 with no bar ends. i get a fairly decent vib, but only on the right side. my hand goes to sleep, only takes about 20 mins... would weighted ends help? also, the bar itself is bent, try to fix or just rebend it? if replace, where can i get one?

Bent bars = vibration
          No/too small bar ends = vibration
          lean carbs (factory settings) = vibration at mid range rpms

If you have bad problems with vibrations then fix the issues. Replace bent bars (any online OEM vendor), get bar ends (ebay for example has lots of options), and consider putting a jetkit in to cure the lean mid range.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

It's totally becoming a problem now the more I ride. Bar ends and filled bars here I come!
            I invite you to church.

Comment

Holy cow what an old thread. Cp sure knew how to explain things. I'm glad I was able to ride and sit down for a meal with him.

Comment

You have to start somewhere. Even the rubber bushings that insulate the top triple clamp might be hard and not absorbing any vibration.
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                Black painted seat and rear trim,
                Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                  Bent bars = vibration
                  No/too small bar ends = vibration
                  lean carbs (factory settings) = vibration at mid range rpms

If you have bad problems with vibrations then fix the issues. Replace bent bars (any online OEM vendor), get bar ends (ebay for example has lots of options), and consider putting a jetkit in to cure the lean mid range.

Krey

shes also VERY cold blooded, took it to a local shop to have the carbs rebuilt and it still starts real hard some days. would a jet kit help that as well?

Comment

Originally posted by neon punk View Post
                    shes also VERY cold blooded, took it to a local shop to have the carbs rebuilt and it still starts real hard some days. would a jet kit help that as well?
                    It could help on a cold start, but I would also look at the enrichment jets.

If they did not properly clean the enrichment jets, especially the float rails.... then that would be the cold start issue also.

Unfortunately... sometimes it does take several cleanings to really get them clean.

krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                      It could help on a cold start, but I would also look at the enrichment jets.

If they did not properly clean the enrichment jets, especially the float rails.... then that would be the cold start issue also.

Unfortunately... sometimes it does take several cleanings to really get them clean.

krey
                      since im not carb inclined( tried em in hs, failed miserably, lots of ) is there a cleaner that i can run through that you recomend? or should i just take it to a shop?
                      sorry if im askin dumn questions...
                      sam

Comment

Working...
                      X