X

Spark plug sizes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark plug sizes?

After not being able to find an 18mm socket that would fit on my '92 Katana 600, I tried a 5/8 and it fit perfectly. The plugs are labeled CR9EK, I thought that the DR8ES was the right plug? Could I have a different engine?

The bike has the stock airbox, and a D&D exhaust pipe. I haven't pulled the carbs yet to see the jet sizes. I think it's running rich.

Well, the float bowls look pretty good overall...the jets I saw were labelled 112.5, though I didn't do much - I'm going to at least wait for the manual. The bike seems to run strong, when it's running, but the plugs were pretty black & it won't start now.

Comment

DR8ES is standard for the 600 up through 1995
      1996 and up uses CR9EK
      "The Lord will be awesome to them, for He will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth; people shall worship Him, each one from his place, indeed all the shores of the nations." - Zeph. 2:11

Comment

I looked it up. it's a Multi-ground plug. check out the NGK site. http://www.ngk.com/results_cross.asp...R9EK&x=36&y=11
        wow. the threads are different sizes check the numbers on the side of your case.
        Life is what happens, when you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

I saw the dual electrodes...the engine says "N717-102547"

Comment

Originally posted by Crow View Post
            Well, the float bowls look pretty good overall...the jets I saw were labelled 112.5, though I didn't do much - I'm going to at least wait for the manual. The bike seems to run strong, when it's running, but the plugs were pretty black & it won't start now.
            I don't know what year/cc your bike is, so I can't answer the question on the main jet size.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
              I don't know what year/cc your bike is, so I can't answer the question on the main jet size.

Krey
              Right here

Originally posted by Crow View Post
              After not being able to find an 18mm socket that would fit on my '92 Katana 600, I tried a 5/8 and it fit perfectly. The plugs are labeled CR9EK, I thought that the DR8ES was the right plug? Could I have a different engine?

The bike has the stock airbox, and a D&D exhaust pipe. I haven't pulled the carbs yet to see the jet sizes. I think it's running rich.
              Last edited by kevin2502000; 07-06-2009, 07:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

I guess I could read more for comprehension...

Stock sizes for the jets on a 92 600 would be 112.5

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

hey look up your vin number at this site.

from what it looks like is it's a 600 but not sure of the year.
                  Life is what happens, when you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

those two plugs are different heat ranges, if it runs funny after changing them you may have to go back to the origional type of plug

Comment

Well, it's definitely a Suzuki engine, maybe it's from a later Katana? What years used this size plug?

Comment

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Working...
                        X