What is this little black box?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this little black box?

Hi everyone

I had to rip my bikes bum off yesterday for the first time, and I noticed this little black box on it (made it awkward getting the damn fairing off). It just has a plug and bunch of wires going into it. Any idea what it is, or what it does? I'm just curious.

Thanks.

PS - If you note the orange registration sticker I've got mounted on my chain guard... see the slogan they've used this year (this is on all registration stickers in the state... not just bikes). It says "Watch out for Motorbikes". Yay!!! Too bad nobody ever reads the slogans.
    fulcrum (aka David)
    Blue 2004 GSX750F
    Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
    If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

That is your CDI....also called ignitor. It is your ignition. It is something you don't want to fail on you cuz they are like over $400 for a new one.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Thanks Mojoe. The only reason I payed attention to it was that it made getting the seat fairing off really awkward. The other side was easy to sneak out from under the front fairing, but this side was tricky.
      fulcrum (aka David)
      Blue 2004 GSX750F
      Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
      If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Comment

np fulcrum. best of luck in whatever you are doing.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

It's the flight recorder.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
          X