X

Help after a wreck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help after a wreck

So I have mentioned this before but i recently wrecked my 06 600. Long story short I ended up in a ditch. But walked away fine. Yay for gear.

Anyways, now I really want to fix it and have been able to round up all the parts except for new forks. My understanding is that I can only use forks from an 03-06 years. Forks from those years are seemingly impossible to find so what are my other options? Swap the whole front end, triple tree wheels axle etc? are there any other forks that would be a direct swap?

You can also use SV650 parts of the same years. Is it just the tubes that are bent or are the sliders broken?
    Ron Ayers shows the sliders as being the same from 98 on by the way.

Comment

the male portion of one is literally in half and the other is bent about 30 degrees.

I think my best bet is to not try to replace individual components Ill take a look for sv650 forks I guess. I did not know that they were the same.

Comment

If you swap the entire front end (forks, wheel, axle, triple tree) you can go with any 98+ kat...

If you only swap forks, your correct.. 03+ only.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X