X

what carbs should I buy for my kat??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what carbs should I buy for my kat??

so most of ya'll are gettin familiar with my kat, but for who's not heres the overall: $500 special, runs but has the wrong carbs(kei*hin ninja carbs) and nothing but a tuning nightmare! I have a little extra cash now and I'm gonna get carbs that are compatible with my bike.. but what carbs should I get?? if I can use gsxr 750 carbs I'd like to do that, I've heard theyre a little bigger but a direct fit.. is this true? if so what year should I use on my 88'kat600? can anyone point me in the right direction?

Originally posted by kaymoto View Post
    so most of ya'll are gettin familiar with my kat, but for who's not heres the overall: $500 special, runs but has the wrong carbs(kei*hin ninja carbs) and nothing but a tuning nightmare! I have a little extra cash now and I'm gonna get carbs that are compatible with my bike.. but what carbs should I get?? if I can use gsxr 750 carbs I'd like to do that, I've heard theyre a little bigger but a direct fit.. is this true? if so what year should I use on my 88'kat600? can anyone point me in the right direction?
    88-89 kats I believe had larger main jets than other years. Might want to look at the details on the stock carbs so that you don't end up with another issue like you have now.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I would stick to kat carbs. Since you said your bike is an 88, you might want to consider swapping in a newer left pod and relocating the choke.

To move to 89+ carbs you'll probably need new intake boots (which at this point are probably worn anyway).
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
      X