X

motor clunk :(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor clunk :(

Okay so... i have been trying to get this bike running... and its been a pain... summers hereish to i'm an idiot

Motor 2000 bandit thats all i know $25 on ebay. I assume the motor was sitting for a few years. Like someone dumped the bike cracked the lower left portion where the starter cover was and threw the motor aside.

I tried using the carbs that came with the motor, which after visually looking didn't "look" to bad so i gave them a shot...

The bandit carbs didn't work out so well, i got them tuned finally (found that damn air leak) It ran rough around 3000 and didn't sound health even after syncing them. a 3000ish rpm stall to me seems like it needs dismanteled and cleaned

So i put the katana carbs back on the beast which they were fine from before.... YEAH!!! got the carbs synced and now it revs up to 5g's no problem...

okay so new issue... there is a clunkish sound in the motor. It happens randomly... would this be a rod issue or a valve issue?

compression numbers to come

Also the starter seems to clack as i'm trying to start it. I've been trying to start it a lot lately could the starter be giving up the goast?

Compression
    1. 130
    2. 125
    3. 130
    4. 130

while i was doing this the starter was clacking really bad could it be the clack i keep hearing?
    Last edited by RaiderRC; 06-24-2009, 12:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Got it running, went around the block came home and shut it off... when i went to start it the motor wouldn't start. It would crank then freez... crank then freez... so did i overheat and lock the motor up? Or is something severaly wrong with the start clutch?

Comment

Does anyone know if the katana 600 starter gears and such work on the bandit motor?

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderRC View Post
          Does anyone know if the katana 600 starter gears and such work on the bandit motor?
          I believe I saw a post that someone did that, and it worked...

Try a search on the site.

As for the clunk...

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

could the starer clutch be catching and causing the motor to skip really bad? giving of that clunk sound?

Comment

Working...
            X