X

89 Kat Carb Needle Question!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 Kat Carb Needle Question!!!!

I have a 1989 Kat600 i just purchased new needles for the carb and when they got here they have 5 differant setting for the clip. The needles that are in my carbs now only have one spot for the clip. In the clymers it says the clip position is fixed? So are they the wrong needles? Or do i just match up from the bottom to where the clip is located? Or did they send me the wrong needles? Any help would be good!

match up the distance from the point to the clip. that will give you a good starting point.
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

it should be on the frist or second clip from the TOP, thats where mine were with a stage 1 so that should get you to where you need to be

Comment

oh and thoes needles you got are for a jet kit so just put them on the top and you should be in good shape

Comment

Not the wrong needles, they are just adjustable. The needles are for a jet kit. Do as stated above, and work your way from there to find the postion needed for your bike.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Ok. I just want it to be stock. How will i know where they need to be set?

Comment

If you want it to be stock, then throw the stock needles back in, or take a stock needle, and put the adjustable next to it and put the clip in about the same place.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

stock position on an adjustable needle is the top clip

Comment

European Needles are adjustable,,,,

is there a part no.???

Comment

Not sure if the European ones are adjustable, but you get the adjustable needles when you order a jet kit.
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                      Not sure if the European ones are adjustable, but you get the adjustable needles when you order a jet kit.
                      Lou,
                      The UK spec needles ARE adjustable as I have mine in my hand,
                      Europe are the same.
                      The easiest way to tell is by the part number or see if there is a big step in the needle, about 1/4" from the end furthest away from the adjustment clip..this is a standard needle if this is the case...

Comment

so one person said the top spot is stock another said the middle is stock is there anyone out here that knows FOR SURE?

Comment

i had a jet ket in my bike it was on the second notch IF YOU PUT IT ON THE TOP IT WILL BE LIKE STOCK

Comment

I hope you are right about that top clip bro. Thanks.

Comment

If the needles are stock - they should have a small square inside a square on them, then the stock position is #3 the middle one.

If they are from a jet kit then until you get it tuned I would air on the side of caution and use # 3 or #4 from the top, this will cause it to run rich but that way you will not damage your engine compared to running too lean,

Comment

Working...
                              X