89 to 99 engine swap gone wrong help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldkat View Post
    Hello there

I never got the bike running as of yet, have replaced with new sign gen new wires, plugs, inst cluster, CDI box ,wiring harness with no luck. Took it to a loc bike shop they also had no luck. If you can get your running please let me know.
    Where are ya at in Ontario? If ya want a hand and are close by Ingersoll or willing to bring it over, I'd like to have a go at some diagnosis for ya, just for the fun of it.
    2000 Katana 600
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

I am in Mississauga and the bike is stuck behind my old car till the spring. But would bring it out to you in the spring if you want to give her a go. I am at the point that I might just sell it as I have no time to ride while building my car.

Comment

Sure, I'd love to give it a go. When you are ready just hit me up here.
        2000 Katana 600
        2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Well, looking at the wiring schematic it could be a couple things. If it's cranking but no spark, check the voltage between the orange w/white wire going to the iginition coils (either one) and ground - it should be 12v (you do not need to crank while checking). If it does not read 12v then the problem is with the main harness or the harness and/or connector going to the engine stop switch.

If it does read 12v, check the voltage on the orange w/red wire at the ignition switch, preferably on the bike (main harness)-side of the 6-wire connector. It should read 0v. If it does not, then the problem is either the ignition switch, that harness connector, or a bad ground.

If it does read 0v, then it's a problem with the CDI, main wiring harness, or CDI connector.

/kiba
          find / -name "*your base*" -exec chown us:us {} \;

You must realize that someday you will die-until you know that, you are useless

If you can't make it fit with a sledge hammer, don't force it!

Comment

I am thinking a bad ground some where
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Well I have tried everything and am at the point it anyone can help, and is willing to pass by my place one day would love another point of view. I live in Mississauga at the 401 and Derry rd area. Put new Signal Gen and still will not go. I am at the point to sell it or part it out just have to much time an money into this thing. HELP

Comment

Working...
              X