X

98+ 750 rear shock adjustment tools

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98+ 750 rear shock adjustment tools

I've searched for information about the c-spanners used to adjust the preload on my bike, and can't find exactly what I'm looking for. Neither the owner's manual, nor the service manual I downloaded have this information either.

First off: Just what size of c-spanner is required? The ones I've seen in shops seem to cover a 5-7mm range, so can a single spanner work on both the lock-nut and the adjuster?

Secondly: Do I need two spanners, or can the lock-nut be loosened, then the adjuster...um...adjusted, then locked again with just the one spanner?

Thirdly: I gather there is one in the tool kit. Either I haven't looked hard enough, or it's missing from mine. Just in case, though, is the OEM toolkit spanner any good, or am I better buying a new one anyway?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

You don't "need" 2 spanners, one can do double duty.
    I looked at the wrench I use and it's very old, from an unknown maker and has no usable "size" listed on it. Mine has a hinged foot so it fits a wide range of sizes.
    And lastly, my tool kit does not have one. I thought CP used to sell them, or someone on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by GregS View Post
      You don't "need" 2 spanners, one can do double duty.
      I looked at the wrench I use and it's very old, from an unknown maker and has no usable "size" listed on it. Mine has a hinged foot so it fits a wide range of sizes.
      And lastly, my tool kit does not have one. I thought CP used to sell them, or someone on this forum.
      Thanks, GregS; exactly the answeres I needed. I thought I saw someone posting about a c-spanner in their toolkit and that perhaps I was going nuts that I couldn't find mine. I've seen a hinged one at a tool-shop for around AU$20 so that looks like the go.

Cheers!
      High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

Working...
      X