No announcement yet.
X

air filters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok guys, lets pay attention now. It sounds like this guy actually has a setup that would benefit from a high flow filter (full exhaust and jet kit), not the slip-on and advancer that most people who want to run k&n's are running.

I've heard good and bad things about uni and k&n, but it's hard to tell which would apply to your specific setup. I have heard about the uni "flat spot" from more than one person however.
    Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Originally posted by HexKrak View Post
      Ok guys, lets pay attention now. It sounds like this guy actually has a setup that would benefit from a high flow filter (full exhaust and jet kit), not the slip-on and advancer that most people who want to run k&n's are running.

I've heard good and bad things about uni and k&n, but it's hard to tell which would apply to your specific setup. I have heard about the uni "flat spot" from more than one person however.
      Sorry, forgot to mention my setup.

1993 600 w/Dynojet Stage One kit, full Yoshimura exhaust, and Uni air filter in the stock air box. I think it had 120's in it and 4th clip from the top on the needle.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I did away with my Uni and went back to stock. I even jetted down my carb's to 116 mains. I am happy with the results. I ran ok with the Uni but really never felt the way the bike does now. This is a controversial area where you have to live and learn.

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
          I would recommend velocity stacks to help straiten the airflow before the carbs for much easier tuning
          better yet just stick with the stock set up... your not going to gain much by going with pods
          Has anyone here tried velocity stacks? How big are they, and would there be any issues trying to fit all this in such a small space?

Comment

Originally posted by kweef View Post
            hmm u havent tried to search k and n filters on here have you?
            Have you? Do it, search for k and n, or k&n. No, really, go search for it. Tell me what that comes back with
            It only comes back with "Filters", and who want's to go through like 500 posts
            Last edited by GytRDunKat; 04-21-2009, 04:12 PM.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by GytRDunKat View Post
              Have you? Do it, search for k and n, or k&n. No, really, go search for it. Tell me what that comes back with
              Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

True dat. Mr. first post wouldn't know that though

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Working...
                X