No announcement yet.
X

Can anyone identify these?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on what you consider worth it . Better control of your suspension ? More composed ride ? Of course , you'll need to have an idea how to set stuff up to achieve those results .....
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I dont see myself stuffing it into turns yet, as i am fairly new to the motorcycle scene. But I am anticipating some long trips.
      92 Kat 600
      mods so far:
      -96 750 engine -04 gsxr1000 rear fairings -02 gsxr 1000 6" rear wheel -and f upper fairings -190/50r17 tire -custom extended swing arm -02 gsxr rear brakes -520 chain conversion -gsxr forks and front end -undertail exhaust -04 yam r1 pegs and shifter -750 rear suspension -+2 rear sprocket -minus 1 f sprocket
      www.myspace.com/waltwallace

Comment

I'm thinking I might just trade somebody katana front end for the gsxr. Is that a fair trade?
        92 Kat 600
        mods so far:
        -96 750 engine -04 gsxr1000 rear fairings -02 gsxr 1000 6" rear wheel -and f upper fairings -190/50r17 tire -custom extended swing arm -02 gsxr rear brakes -520 chain conversion -gsxr forks and front end -undertail exhaust -04 yam r1 pegs and shifter -750 rear suspension -+2 rear sprocket -minus 1 f sprocket

Comment

Yes, If you caught me in February I would have done it in a heartbeat..

Comment

fair trade for you. The guy giving you a GSXR front end for a tuna front end is getting screwed

Comment

Well, I am the one with a gsxr front end.
              92 Kat 600
              mods so far:

Comment

what parts are you talking about trading? Forks or the whole front end, rim calipers, the whole deal?

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                  what parts are you talking about trading? Forks or the whole front end, rim calipers, the whole deal?
                  Whatever he needs to make it back to stock. We'd need more pics to identify what has or hasn't been replaced, because he's not going to be sure.

Get us a couple more pics of the whole frontend and we'll help ya figure it out. Someone will certainly want to make that trade.

Personally I'd keep it. It will definitely be worth the time figuring out how to adjust for your comfort, and control.
                  Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

personally??? That "I'd keep it" statement isn't exactly personal, that's like 99.9% of all Katana owners

Comment

Definitely, let's see the whole front end. If it's what I am after, yeah, I'll trade.

Comment

I will get some real pics up this weekend.
                        92 Kat 600
                        mods so far:

Comment

Why doesn't somebody that knows explain how to set it up? Thats what family is for right? Taking care of each other? There seems to be a strong sense of family among most of this forums members. (is it just me?) I may not have been here very long but without the help of each other, this forum probably wouldn't exist. (I'll step off of the soap box now) My 2 cents....Keep your parts, Learn how to use them to your advantage with help from this great "family" of Katana Riders.
                          Never be afraid of DIY. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                            fair trade for you. The guy giving you a GSXR front end for a tuna front end is getting screwed
                            Dude it's a old school GSX-R front end.. It's not off a Kevin Schwanz race bike or something..

Comment

well thanks for the support... black_peter actually posted some great links, I skimmed through them, I have to take the time to read them now. That was very helpful, and I really do appreciate everybody taking the time out to give me good info.

Originally posted by BWBuer View Post
                              Why doesn't somebody that knows explain how to set it up? Thats what family is for right? Taking care of each other? There seems to be a strong sense of family among most of this forums members. (is it just me?) I may not have been here very long but without the help of each other, this forum probably wouldn't exist. (I'll step off of the soap box now) My 2 cents....Keep your parts, Learn how to use them to your advantage with help from this great "family" of Katana Riders.
                              nobody needs to explain it to me, there is plenty of info for me to read myself. But steering me in the right direction is appreciated.
                              Last edited by walwal63; 04-17-2009, 09:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              92 Kat 600
                              mods so far:

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                                Dude it's a old school GSX-R front end.. It's not off a Kevin Schwanz race bike or something..
                                I know that BP, and he's talking about trading for an old tuna front end. Why did you jump at the chance to trade? uuummm... maybe cause the GSXR front end is better.

Comment

Working...
                                X