No announcement yet.
X

Update , carbs cleaned , now what !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The jets are marked on the ends, where the screwdriver slot is. Look at them in bright light because the numbers are pretty small. If you can't see any numbers they're not clean! As for things you might miss, make sure you blow out the choke passages with the choke shafts pulled out. Also, just on GPs (General Principles) I always blow carb cleaner through the passages in both directions. One way until I get a good flow out the other end and then back the other direction. Takes bending that little straw a bit but it seems to work as I seldom have to repeat the job.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

hey bill , i got the numbers . they're 115 and the needles are stock size as per the haynes book i have . i blew gumout through every damm hole there is followed by air . everything is as clean as can be . friday i'll put them back on and fire her up . the bike had k&n pods on it which have been replaced with the stock filter and airbox . exhaust is stock . even blew cleaner through the brass fitting on the floats everythings clean . new plugs too ! did i miss anything ? oh new cables also .

Comment

Sounds like you've got the carbs as clean as they're likely to get. Make sure all your o-rings are in good shape (a little dab of silicone grease will help get them back in place, especially the ones around the base of the floats), check the airbox boots to make sure they're sealed to the airbox body (If not, a little permatex will fix that right up.) and make sure you've got the airbox drain tube folded and clamped or sealed with a vacuum cap. Take your time putting the airbox on the carbs before you put them on the bike. WAY easier that way to make sure the intakes are solidly on the carbs. If you haven't already tweaked to it, a little Armor-All smeared around the insides of the manifolds will make the carbs pop right in.

Happy (re) installation day!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

update ''IT'S ALIVE ''

first and foremost . much thanks to all who responded to my posts . wild bill ,katana freak , black peter just to name a few . after screwing with the bike she fired up and runs damm good . idles at around a grand and revs cleanly . heck she should . only has 6900 miles ( 95 kat 750 ) . i'll be asking some more questions on another thread but after this they should be easy ! lol!!! once again " A BIG THANK YOU !!"

Comment

Glad to help. It's a good feeling when you finally get that clean idle, huh?

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
            X