X

Cable Lubing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable Lubing?

I've searched and can only find a couple posts on lubing cables. They didn't help. I have no Idea where to start and some help would be great.

it simple just go to your local bike shop and buy a cable luber tool and can of cable life lube.

unhook one end of the cable put it in the tube and stick the straw in the tool and blast away
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

That's easy enough for the clutch, how about the throttle?

Comment

Basically the same but you'll need to open up the switch-gear to remove the throttle cable from the throttle grip.

Another way to lube a cable is to clean the end of the sheath. Cut a small corner off a sandwich bag and tape it to the end of the sheath. Spray in the lube till it makes a puddle then let gravity flow the lube down the inside of the sheath.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
          Another way to lube a cable is to clean the end of the sheath. Cut a small corner off a sandwich bag and tape it to the end of the sheath. Spray in the lube till it makes a puddle then let gravity flow the lube down the inside of the sheath.
          +1

Did this for my buddy's bike last weekend. Works like a champ. Cheap, effective, low-tech. Used zip-ties to secure it to the cable. Just wait for the lube to run out the bottom end (takes a few). Put a rag down to soak up the excess if you don't feel like smelling it burn for a few hours. Cleanup's a snap; put another bag over it, invert it and cut the tie.

--B

Comment

I'm probably going to use some syringes to get the oil in... BTW, what's a good oil?

Comment

Working...
            X