X

Need help - '06 Kat 600 - stock gauges and headlight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help - '06 Kat 600 - stock gauges and headlight

I bought a wrecked '06 600 and am thinking of how I will fix it. Can you tell me how the stock instrument panel mounts to the bike? Does it mount to the fairing (which I do not have) or does it mount to the bracket that projects out the front of the frame?

Also about the stock headlight - does it mount to the bracket on the front of the frame? I am talking about the bracket that mounts to the front of the frame steering stem and projects forward like a "T" laid sideways.

thanks!

everything should mount to the main stay bracket which is attached to the front of the frame.
    myspace
    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Mat,

Thanks for the quick reply. I need everything and this helps me plan whether to go with a frame-mount headlight or one that mounts to the forks. I need a headlight and am ordering the instruments today from a salvage yard.

David (Jax)

Comment

do you have the main stay bracket? everthing should mount to that!
        myspace
        2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Are you referring to #1 or #6 in this diagram? I have #6 but #1 is damaged from the collision.

Comment

#6 is the main stay bracket (atleast it's known as that on other ss bikes). #1 is the brace. You will actually need both if you want to reinstall the guag cluster and headlights. The cluster and headlights connect to #1 as #1 connects to #6. I think I have a picture somewhere...

maybe this will help a tad.

Last edited by Mat0302; 03-17-2009, 09:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            myspace
            2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

excellent, thanks

Comment

Working...
              X