X

Lever help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lever help

Installed my pazzos today. Bike doesn't roll as easy now, perhaps the brake is rubbing. What did I do wrong? Could it be the clutch side?

Just to see if you did do anything wrong. Not much to go wrong with a lever change. What bike??? Fill out your garage info.

Comment

Originally posted by beherenow71 View Post
      Installed my pazzos today. Bike doesn't roll as easy now, perhaps the brake is rubbing. What did I do wrong? Could it be the clutch side?
      The brake lever only actuates a plunger so unless you damaged it in the install it's unlikely it's the brake lever.

For the clutch, you would have to screw in the lever adjustment at the handle bar all the way in to get maximum slack and/or you had to get more slack at the sprocket cover. You did not specify which. As a result the clutch adjustment is less then what it was prior to installing the clutch lever, therefore the clutch plates are dragging on itself.

Does the bike roll more easily in neutral? If so then it's your clutch. If not then you could have a brake issue but I still think that's highly unlikely.
      Last edited by squiggy; 03-15-2009, 12:01 PM.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Yes it rolls easier in neutral. When it's in gear, it grabs real hard at first then rolls a bit easier. I didn't do anything at the sprocket cover.

I do have my garage up to date, it's an 05 r6, though I didn't think that would make much difference, figured all bikes would be more or less the same.

Comment

Originally posted by beherenow71 View Post
          Yes it rolls easier in neutral. When it's in gear, it grabs real hard at first then rolls a bit easier. I didn't do anything at the sprocket cover.
          Then I'd say it's just a matter of slack adjustment at the clutch lever.

For my Katana, I have about 2-3mm of handle play before tension is on the cable. But that's me.
          How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
          How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
          How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
          How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Working...
          X