X

What’s goin’ on?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s goin’ on?

I recently laid my '98 KittyKat down at about 30Mph , took some damage to the crank case cover – but no damage to the crank case. So I got all my replacement parts re-did the whole right side: plastics and machine parts, changed oil/filter, and fired her up. Runs pretty well but idles and runs somewhat rough at low RPMs, (under 1K or so). When idling she will drop RPMs to as low as 400/300, the engine trys to compensate and then dies out . I’m not too good with diagnosing the problems (but manual in hand I can fix them). Not quite sure what is going on so need some help getting it straight. Any thoughts???

Thank you!

was it your right side or left? if it was your right side check your advancer and elec.
    sigpic

Comment

Not sure i just recently got a kat that had been laid down at 20 to 30 mph but fortunatly it runs fine. Sorry couldnt be more help..check out the mechanics forum..
      pveity = 100%

Comment

Originally posted by joseph2027 View Post
        was it your right side or left? if it was your right side check your advancer and elec.
        Yup right side - I did check it before mounted the new signal cover - it was A+ OK.

Comment

How long did it sit (not run) before you got it fixed?
          Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

My guess is it sat for a while and now the carbs need to be cleaned...

Comment

Not too long (two weeks at the most). Thats nowhere near long enough for the carbs to get gummed up - is it?

I lost a good 2L of my oil when I went down - the remaining 1L I did not bother to drain until I had all my parts preped. The tip sensor cut the engine during the accident - I did not bother trying to turn the engine with-out the cover fearing to damage it.

Comment

Drain the fuel bowls.
                you might need to take the carbs off and clean them . Deposits in the bottom could have beenn stired up when the bike was tipped over and plugged up the pilots
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

That makes sense – now I just have to finish finals and then start on a new round of Katasutra.

Comment

On the carbs probably needing a clean

Did you check the crank is running true ? also the pickup hasnt moved & the wiring is all still good ?

tone
                    Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Working...
                    X