X

so i got after my carbs today.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so i got after my carbs today.....

first off i have two bikes a 89(bad motor) and a 90 (wrecked). 90 carb are seized up but are super clean inside which is weird and the 89 all was well to i removed the vacuum slide and whole piece came out including the white plastic piece. no biggie then i check were the pilot jets are and someone had already drilled them out put they wrecked all the thread when they did it and turned pilot all the way in . now im trying to get other ones freed up any suggestions? i have them mostly apart soaking in wd40 any other ideas?
    still screwing with junk

how do carbs seize up? What are you asking? 89 and 90 600 carbs are different. 750 are the same. Are you talking about pilot JETS, or pilot SCREWS?

Comment

oh great what is the difference? im going to be using the 90 motor. the shafts seized with the butterfly attached along with choke plunger being stuck as well
      still screwing with junk

Comment

89 are BST31SS carbs 90 are BST33SS carbs, they are TOTALLY different. The slides are different, the jetting is different, EVERYTHING is different, I'll give you $25 bucks for the bad carbs

Comment

hmmm ill look again but the parts look to be the same. ill get the caliper out and do some measuring. carbs may have been changed. im going to mess with these some more so i can hear this motor run and move on with this project. unless i found some good ready to roll carbs then id sell them along with tons of spair parts i have
          Last edited by unclebeaner; 03-11-2009, 07:12 PM.
          still screwing with junk

Comment

what do the tops of the carbs look like?

Comment

bottom
              still screwing with junk

Comment

Those are 1990
                Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

thanks for the info the bad motor bike says 89 maybe its a late 89? i know these two bikes were bought new together. i want to get mine going so i can part the other one out.
                  still screwing with junk

Comment

Probably. My manufacture date is like 08/1989 so its a 90. Mine is a 750 and they look like the bottom, thats what I'm basing my guess at.
                    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

thanks again but any suggestions on getting these free?
                      still screwing with junk

Comment

lot's of penetrating fluid Not WD-40 either, like Kroil or PB Blaster.

Comment

welp they are soaking right now lets hope for the best tommorow
                          still screwing with junk

Comment

good luck that's what I'd do

Comment

thanks
                              still screwing with junk

Comment

Working...
                              X