Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
    I would only use a tiny shot of starting fluid if I had nothing else
    It is not really safe with small motors
    I only gave it about a half second squirt. Seems like it just needed a little kick to get it going. She's running great now, and I just dropped her off to get inspected. Hopefully the rain holds off this weekend a little.

Comment

Originally posted by PSU08 View Post
      I only gave it about a half second squirt. Seems like it just needed a little kick to get it going. She's running great now, and I just dropped her off to get inspected. Hopefully the rain holds off this weekend a little.

My bike always starts well
      I stored same as slowfuze but it just didnt want to start right up this spring
      I have scene people continue spraying engine with starting fluid to keep running ,NOT GOOD
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

first start of the season

for the first time in 5 years I had a hard time to get my 93 Katana running back in march. Even if I used stabilazer at the end of last season. I tried evry starting fluid and got no luck. I finaly decide of draining the gas tank and refill with new gas (94 octane). After that It starts almost right away with the selector at on position and full choke. I think of foging this fall, probably a time saver for next year...

Comment

I ride year round. I have no problems with my bike starting up.
          How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
          How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
          How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
          How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I drained the tank and carbs and disconnected the battery in the winter and didn't have any problem starting it 6 months later (just dumped in fresh gas and reconnected the battery).

I don't see why people have such problems with getting their bikes to start, when I first bought my bike it had sat in a field for 3 years, I changed the oil and put fresh gas in and she started up with some cranking.
            sigpic
            »Ross Wendell
            »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

That's what I did this year... after the ahard time she gave me last spring I didn't even bother use stabilizer, I got the tank emty and ran it until she ran out of gas last fall and refill the tank with fresh gas this spring.... it started on me like it just sat for a week ... I guess that's what I'll be doing every year now.

Comment

Originally posted by alpinestar View Post
                That's what I did this year... after the ahard time she gave me last spring I didn't even bother use stabilizer, I got the tank emty and ran it until she ran out of gas last fall and refill the tank with fresh gas this spring.... it started on me like it just sat for a week ... I guess that's what I'll be doing every year now.

the problem with leaving the tank empty is condensation (rust)
                I always add more than enough stabilizer , then go for a ride to make sure it get mixed up and ran threw the carbs then top up tank to the rim with a gas can of stabilized fuel
                Never a problem starting in the spring
                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Working...
                X