X

no oil in the sight glass?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no oil in the sight glass?

i just did an oil change. put a gallon in, and i see nothing in the sight glass.

am i missing something? i could have sworn the capacity on this motor is like 3900mL, which is very nearly 1 gallon.

help?

Not trying to insult your knowledge or anything but I'm assuming you made sure the drain plug and the oil filter were tight right?

Comment

funny.

they are both tight, no oil spots in the garage

Comment

Lol, seriously no offense I have forgotten before so just makin sure. Anyway, lookin up the specs it looks like it could take as high as 5qts (for a 750). What year and size engine do you have.

Comment

no offense taken.

it's a 91 600

Comment

I don't mean any offense either, but is the bike on the centre stand or side stand.
            '06 Katana 750

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me!

Comment

during the change it was on the center stand. now it's on the side stand

Comment

Just looked up the specs for that year and engine and it says its 3.8qts which is what mine is, so the only thing I can think of is if the glass itself is dirty and for some reason didn't rinse off putting in fresh oil. If it's not that then I don't know sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Alikat View Post
                  I don't mean any offense either, but is the bike on the centre stand or side stand.
                  if your not perfectly upright(center stand) you will get little or no reading
                  Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

i just went out and put it on the center stand real quick. no change so far.

the sight glass is very clear

Comment

Make sure you warm up engine and then you or someone else hold bike straight up and check it then!
                      ADRELINE JUNKIE!!!!!

"ALWAYS RESPECT WHAT'S IN BETWEEN YOUR LEGS"

sigpic

Comment

I'm calling shens. Pics or shens sir.

Comment

Any luck?

Comment

Originally posted by ADyingBreed View Post
                            I'm calling shens. Pics or shens sir.

i take it you're one of those guys who gets off on being a jackass on message boards. please keep your opinion to yourslef.

i have no reason to bs anyone about anything on the wide world of webs.

pics. first with the bike on the side stand, second with the bike on the center stand

one thing to note. i changed the oil he first day i had the bike home, and didn't have this problem.

this is the second oil change since i've owned it
                            Last edited by stockgp; 03-06-2009, 10:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

simple

put more oil in it
                              Maybe you were jipped on the gallon of oil

the sight window does not lie, put it back on the center stand and fill it up until its 1/2 way up the glass.
                              98 GSX750F
                              95 Honda VT600 vlx
                              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                              X