• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ride

doe's a stiffer setup handle better than aloose one>
    sigpic

it really depends on a lot of factors

Yes usually

A soft comfy ride can often be a a little slow and spongy for decent rider feedback.
    too soft and traction will suffer and the bike will dive and push into turns.
    To stiff and the suspension can't react fast enough and tires will skip arcoss the surface.
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

And the opposite for drag racing. Too stiff & no weight transfer = tire spin. Soft rear shock with SLOW rebound to squat & launch hard. Ray.
      85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

My odd take ....
        My OLD car was REALLY soft and swayed alot . But it could get through the corners WAY faster than my newer car that felt ALMOST sporty in comparison . Stiffer springs + incorrect damping (new car) = crappy traction compared to soft springs with fairly decent damping .
        But anywho .....
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

You will have to be your own judge, make the sespention softer and switch to hard and see where you feel more comfortable.

Comment

Working...
          X