X

Kat won't stay running

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat won't stay running

I'm brand new to this forum and I have done everything i know how to fix this problem. I have to run my bike with the fuel switch to PRI. For some reason when i switch it to ON the bike runs for a few minutes then dies. Can't even get it started back up. Anyone know what this could be? Thanks for the help in advance.
    1994 Katana frame with 2001 Motor and Fairings.

Your petcock is bad or the vacuum line isn't hooked up or.........has cracks in it.
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

wuts a petcock?

Comment

that turn knob connected to your gas tank. Are you sure when you're turning it from PRI you're not turning it to off?
        "If you aint first, you're last"

Comment

There is no off position. Re-build the petcock. Check the vac line.

Comment

where's the vac line located? sry, not too familiar with bikes.

Comment

Remove the tank, the knob you have been turning to set to prime will have 3 hoses attatched like a T... one on each side, and one out the back in the center oposite the knob. That center one is the vacuum line, the other two are gas lines. Make sure that is attatched and the other end is attatched to the carbs... if not, you have a problem. Also make sure there are no holes in it.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

oh ok, thanks, ima try it and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                X