X

Jumping My bike?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumping My bike?

Okay, so Ive read a few posts on here about jumping a motorcycle battery and I know if i use a car battery not to start it and all that, but I have a portable jumper, I believe its a 400 amp starter. would that be okay to use or should i stick with the car battery?
    'Not accidents! Crashes. Almost every crash can be prevented by avoiding distractions while driving.'

you can jump a bike off a car - just follow these simple rules

1) attach the cables as normal
    2) turn the damn car off (Unless you are jumping an Evo or earlier Model Harley Davidson)
    3) leave it attached for probably 2 mins max.
    4) once bike is running - remove cables
    5)take bike (if road worthy) on a 30-40 min Ride to recharge the Battery

Repeat as nessesarry- or buy a Trickle Charger

Comment

Alright, sweet, thank you very much. Ill be jumping a 96 katana so the car will be off.
      'Not accidents! Crashes. Almost every crash can be prevented by avoiding distractions while driving.'

Comment

And here I thought you were going to motocross your kat

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I must stress the point of jumping it with the car off - if the car is running you will send too much power to the bikes battery.
          and Note wait 2 min before starting it- after starting it- get the cables off as soon as she is firing under her own power- your alternator (if still good) will keep enough juice in the system to start the recharge process

Comment

Yea, i read that the car must be off or it will like destroy the battery and could mess up other electrical things, and i dont want to mess it up, so the car will def be off.

Originally posted by GytRDunKat View Post
            Haha i would die, but that would be cool to see

Comment

You need to be banned for a title like that. I was excited to see this epic fail...
              I am a Penn State fanatic.
              Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Originally posted by GytRDunKat View Post

I was expecting a video, or at least pics.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y77efkdTKQ8"]YouTube - Travis Pastrana FoMORE VIDEOS WWW.STUNTERSCHOOL.COM[/ame]

Here is a fail for you guys.

Comment

I jump mine fairly often . BOTH ways . In fact , I jumped mine last weekend testing out the new Ohlins shock . It goes airborne and lands SO much smoother than the 98+ shock I had on there before . And yes , I AM serious ! Railroad crossings are FUN !

Originally posted by j_wal View Post
                    "Left leg , owwwww "
                    Now find me that song so I can listen to it whilst riding . ;lol:
                    Last edited by md86; 02-21-2009, 06:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

And yes, you should be alright using that booster pack to jump a bike as well. No charging system, no harm.
                      THE DOC
                      RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                      Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                      mistake when you make it again.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info you guys, I went down this morning and it took a couple minutes because it was cold but it eventually started. I got to ride for about 30-40 minutes and Im very hapy

Comment

Working...
                        X