No announcement yet.
X

Still having "Carb" issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry I have been out a while. Here's the tank pic you wanted to see concerning vacuum ports. I know one's the overflow drain, its the other one I'm questioning.tankbottom2.jpg

Comment

I took off the air box and found that carbs 1 & 2 left the inlet from the air box wet. ( air box has short runners to feed each carrb, two of the four were wet ). Carb still appeared to run lean, but what does the fuel on the air box mean? Can it be a float issue? Attached is a pic of the carbs. The arrow point to what I would call air bleeds. If i put my finger over any of them the engine races. ( don't know what that means, just thought I would share that too ).carbphoto2.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by buzzlitebeer View Post
        Sorry I have been out a while. Here's the tank pic you wanted to see concerning vacuum ports. I know one's the overflow drain, its the other one I'm questioning.[ATTACH]12350[/ATTACH]

That your vacuum line that runs the petcock. That should run over to the nipple on top of the #4 carb. The arrows are air jets, when u cover it up you are making it run lean.
        Last edited by kevin2502000; 02-24-2009, 06:43 PM.
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

What I wanted to see was the bottom of the carbs .....
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Let me see if I got this right...

With the tank off (using an alternate fuel cell source) the bike runs great? (constant feed of gas to the carbs, no need for vacuum line)

With the tank on, it revs up or won't return quickly back down when reved (sign it's running lean, not getting enough gas)

You posted a picture with the petcock vacuum listed as "overflow".

The "port" you have listed as overflow in that picture is the petcock vacuum line. When the bike is running, a vacuum from the carbs is formed on that line, and should operate the petcock allowing for gas to flow. No vacuum there, then no gas flows, leaning out your carbs and causing the issue when the tank is mounted.

Where does the other end of that line go currently as you have it set up?

Is it being plugged onto the carbs in the same place as the black hose coming off these carbs on the left side?

If not, then it should be.

The other port you show, is just an overflow/drain line from your tank level sensor. It should have a line that just runs to the bottom of the bike incase of a leak from that point.

I think your issue may be correctly connecting the lines to the tank and carb.

Krey
            Last edited by Kreylyn; 02-25-2009, 03:18 AM.
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

-Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

kreylyn, the port I was pointing to was on the tank bottom, and I labeled it overflow. I'm sorry that the picture didn't define it very well. There are two ports on the bottom of the tank, both had arrows pointing to them, one I believe was for when you spill gas around the neck, the other you said was for a leak at the float? I have the vacuum port from the 4th carb routed to the rear of the petcock. I did rebuild the petcock, and tested it (with vacuum) and it appears to be working normally. When the tank is off I have it plugged. My carbs look "exactly" like the ones you have put on your reply. So now that all of this still makes no sense, do you think this could be as simple as a misadjusted float? Why would the air box intake runners be wet with gas?

Comment

If the floats are WAY off, or not sealing properly for some reason ( I had a bit of rubber from new fuel lines lodged in mine a while back) ....
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                  X