X

No Spark!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Spark!!!!

alright yesterday i put my carbs back on after rebuilding them and i gave the girl some ether and she fired for a moment and died out. the bikes been sittin for awhile so i kept feedin it ether and tried gettin life outta her. well i had spark then, today i have nothin! there is no way my coils are bad, i have brand new plugs, the wires are fine, relays i have no idea if they even matter and im at a lost wtf could it be anybody have an idea what to look for?

"Burn rubber not your soul!"

you fouled the brand new plugs, good going Next time don't spray a **** ton of ether

Comment

i didnt use as much as you think, id know when there fouled out, i mean i pulled the plug wires and tried numerous times to find spark outside the cylinder head by finding a ground and touching ends and crankin the bike over. i still had no spark in any cylinder and i tried two different plugs in each wire so i knew it wasnt the plugs.

Comment

were the two plugs in the engine? ok, you state it can't be a coil - I agree. You state the wires are good. What does that leave? You can tell me it's not the plugs all you want, get new plugs, I bet you now have spark.
        Last edited by arsenic; 02-12-2009, 06:40 PM.

Comment

alright bud ill go with you on it and let u know

Comment

Got a multimeter ?
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

check the fuses
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

alright im going with the wires now because i have new plugs that are fresh and havent seen and fluids at all and im getting minimal spark on cylinders 1 and 4. as far as the other 2 go im still not getting anything. plus i also had an extra coil off of my buddies suzuki that i hooked up with the wires and got the same results even though his worked! are those coils grounded to frame? i wasnt sure because if both wires going in to them are power then the bolts holding them on have to be a ground to make the circuit right? i hate engines seriously hahaha

Comment

Is your battery strong? Weak battery will cause a weak spark.
                  Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                  Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

good point ive been tryin to get it runnin with a battery charger so i did notice a difference in spark sometimes, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by greek_rider786 View Post
                      alright im going with the wires now because i have new plugs that are fresh and havent seen and fluids at all and im getting minimal spark on cylinders 1 and 4. as far as the other 2 go im still not getting anything. plus i also had an extra coil off of my buddies suzuki that i hooked up with the wires and got the same results even though his worked! are those coils grounded to frame? i wasnt sure because if both wires going in to them are power then the bolts holding them on have to be a ground to make the circuit right? i hate engines seriously hahaha
                      Hmm you dont need new wires if a known working coil & wires gave the same result are you sure you have the leads to the coils on the right way round ???

as above re the battery you wont get a good spark off a duff battery
                      Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

does it matter which lead goes to which post on the coils? I made the ASSumption that the coil was firing it's plugs twice per cycle (power and exhaust) and it really didn't matter which lead or even which plug cap (as long as 1&4 and 2&3 stayed together). PLEASE correct me if I am wrong. My 750 went from running last week to cranking this week and I am blaming a weak battery, but I could have swapped leads on the 2/3 coil (which isn't sparking, while 1/4 is).

Comment

hmmm thats a valid point touch, i was thinking the same thing about the coils and your right that they most definitley have to be together in pairs but im not sure if it matters or not as to where they need to be on the coil itself, im gonna check that out though.

Comment

it doesn't matter. The coils have no polarity.

Comment

can u explain to me how that works, i know that both wires into the coil are both positive leads but...

Comment

Working...
                              X