No announcement yet.
X

Start but pops (backfire) after letting off throttle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check your fuel lines .If the right 2 ain't getting fuel , could be the problem .....
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

fuel lines are not kinked and are in good shape, i just took apart the carbs and gave it a quick cleaning, still have the same problem. the right 2 header are still cold while the left 2 header are getting up to normal temps

Comment

Are you sure you have the plug wires on the right spot? 1,4 2,3 are the coil bundle.
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

if you did a "quick cleaning" you missed the parts you need to focus on. The pilot jets are the dirty ones, and you don't take them out doing a "quick cleaning". 90-97 600 carbs have the pilot jets down a tube, under a plastic plug and they are a serious pita to get out.
          Last edited by arsenic; 03-21-2009, 01:28 AM.

Comment

But if 3/4 are cold , what's the common link here . When you took them carbs off , 3/4 DID have fuel in them , yes ?
            And yeah , wire routing COULD be an issue if someone wasn't sure which went to where , and just winged it .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

yup, it was the spark plug wires, i didn't have them in the right order, thanks everyone, im such an idiot.....

Comment

Working...
              X