No announcement yet.
X

stock sprocket size/chain size

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock teeth on my 2006 750, as well as several other late model 750s i've checked, is 15/45.
    The secret to life, whether it's love or money, is knowing when to quit. Take it from me, I'm divorced and broke.

Comment

Yes it is, 98-06 750 is 15/45 116 stock, 98-06 600 is 15/47 118 stock. 1996 600, however, is not.

Comment

Just ordered a year/make/model specific RK chain+sprkt kit for it from Ronayers. Verified parts in kit are also 15/45 with 116 links.
        The secret to life, whether it's love or money, is knowing when to quit. Take it from me, I'm divorced and broke.

Comment

Originally posted by jcwingman View Post
          Stock teeth on my 2006 750, as well as several other late model 750s i've checked, is 15/45.
          If i want to change gearing size for less top speed and get more on the start ..what should i change ?

Comment

More teeth on the rear sprocket, longer chain. Do not go down a tooth on the front sprocket.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              More teeth on the rear sprocket, longer chain. Do not go down a tooth on the front sprocket.
              What would you suggest ? 1 more or 2 more in the rear?

Comment

Go here: http://www.gearingcommander.com

Look at what the RPM / Speed ratio changes to as you adjust the number of teeth on the rear sprocket.
                2005 Katana 750

Comment

Working...
                X