Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

front rotors from something else fit on '89 600 ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front rotors from something else fit on '89 600 ?

hey guys i have a '88 600 with a warped front rotor , is there another bike that has the same rotors aswell to make it easy to find another one or do i have to just find one of a 600 ? cheers brenton
    1988 "redheaded step child" 600

Pre 98 Kats 600 and 750 I know are the same. Earlier bandits and GS500s used the same front wheel as well, thought I'm not sure on the rotors being the same. I'd check bikebandit.com and see if they are different part numbers.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Is it, in fact, an 88, or an 89? 88's had different wheels, and I don't know if anything else will fit it. The advice above is a good start..... go to RonAyers and crossreference to see if any other bikes used the same rotors. Good luck.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

PM me an offer, I'd consider taking them off ebay and selling them directly too you. 88 won't fit BTW, I already did cross reference them.

Comment

?

he has a 88 read the post

Comment

oh, sorry I thought it was an 89, never mind then If you post pictures of the wheel in question, I'll tell you if it's 88 or 89-97. The 88 front rotors cross reference to only Katana 600 model J, which is 1988.
            Last edited by arsenic; 02-06-2009, 02:36 PM.

Comment

I may have a set of rotors, I'll check when I get home tonight.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

why does the title of the thread say '89 if it's an '88? I'm confused now.

Comment

hey guys sorry its a '88 model , i live in australia. its the 6 spoke wheel (which is like a 3 spoke design) and not the 3 solid spoke wheel. so what is my best option ? just picked the bike up yesterday so im not up to speed with the suzuki's as ive only owned yamaha's untill now.
                  cheers brenton

Comment

can a warped rotor be straightened ? looks like it got damaged when the wheel was off for painting

Comment

Originally posted by brenton View Post
                      can a warped rotor be straightened ?
                      not that I know of

Comment

Originally posted by brenton View Post
                        hey guys sorry its a '88 model , i live in australia. its the 6 spoke wheel (which is like a 3 spoke design) and not the 3 solid spoke wheel. so what is my best option ? just picked the bike up yesterday so im not up to speed with the suzuki's as ive only owned yamaha's untill now.
                        cheers brenton
                        Personally, I'd replace the front wheel and rotors with a setup from an 89-97 model. Replace the rear wheel also if you want to match..... I don't know in Australia, but up here the parts aren't terribly expensive. You should be able to score a set of wheels with rotors for about what you'd pay for just a new set of rotors for the 88 wheels.
                        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

yeah my rear wheel seems to already be a '89 on with the 3 spokes. so the brakes rotors will meet up with my calipers no problem? and also does the 750 and 600 '89 up use the same front wheel.
                          cheers brenton

Comment

yes

Comment

good , thanks guys. there are way more 750 in aus then 600 so it should be easier to find a 750 wheel cheap .
                              so it looks like the front brakes on the pre 600's provide good power or are they not very good? guess it depends on pads . because i need a new master cyl and would it be better to get one off a different bike or just use a stock one
                              cheers brenton

Comment

Working...
                              X