X

Any idea what this goes to?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea what this goes to?

I'm not sure what this part connects to. I've got a 2000 GSX 750F Katana. I took the fairings off for some replacing, and in the process I decided to take off the muffler to to give it a nice wash. When I tried to put the muffler back, a piece came off just above the kickstand where the muffler connects to the muffler "Y" piping (if that makes sense). I can't figure out how this piece went or exactly where for that matter. I tried to look at some of the parts charts from some sites like bikebandit.com, but I couldn't see the part. I could have just missed it, but either way, not sure what its for or where it goes.

Any help would be awesome!

heres the link for the photos (attaching to thread was going slow)

Josh
    2000 Suzuki GSX750 Katana

Originally posted by Yeshua View Post
    I'm not sure what this part connects to. I've got a 2000 GSX 750F Katana. I took the fairings off for some replacing, and in the process I decided to take off the muffler to to give it a nice wash. When I tried to put the muffler back, a piece came off just above the kickstand where the muffler connects to the muffler "Y" piping (if that makes sense). I can't figure out how this piece went or exactly where for that matter. I tried to look at some of the parts charts from some sites like bikebandit.com, but I couldn't see the part. I could have just missed it, but either way, not sure what its for or where it goes.

Any help would be awesome!

heres the link for the photos (attaching to thread was going slow)

Josh
    Its a spacer that goes into a large rubber mount. Might be for the rear exhaust mount.
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

not sure if your able to post a pic showing where/how it fits, but knowing this maybe I might be able to figure it out. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
        Its a spacer that goes into a large rubber mount. Might be for the rear exhaust mount.
        It goes into the exhaust mounting bracket to keep the bolts from compressing the rubber when you tighten it up. It should slide in from the back and then slide your bolt and washer in from the front. Put a lockwasher on the back with the nut and a little blue loctite to keep it all together.
        2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
        BMC Notorious 918 HT
        2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Originally posted by CenCalKat View Post
          It goes into the exhaust mounting bracket to keep the bolts from compressing the rubber when you tighten it up. It should slide in from the back and then slide your bolt and washer in from the front. Put a lockwasher on the back with the nut and a little blue loctite to keep it all together.
          oohhhh...so probably the piece of rubber that I totally have squished now.....ok...well....*taking apart now*

Thanks a lot! Thats a great help....hate those extra parts!

Comment

Originally posted by Yeshua View Post
            oohhhh...so probably the piece of rubber that I totally have squished now.....ok...well....*taking apart now*

Thanks a lot! Thats a great help....hate those extra parts!
            BTW I have a lot of family out there in Lethbridge
            98 GSX750F
            95 Honda VT600 vlx
            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

but I assume that they aren't the family with the only other Kat in Lethbridge....I've got one relative in Ontario somewhere....he's in the army....so a bit hush hush usually....

So put the piece back where it went...then I found another piece that was similar, but it was broken....now it was more like a tube and a washer....that went on the upper bolt of the muffler....now to put the fairing back on probably tomorrow then start riding again! Almost no more snow here

Comment

Working...
              X