X

No gas from the petcock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No gas from the petcock

Tank is more than 3/4 full (yes I have gas)
    I've tried all 3 settings run, pri and res with and without tubes on and no gas comes out.
    I've left the vac hose on and taken one carb feed line off and cranked the engine but get no gas flow on pri, res, and run.
    The tank was delivering gas when cranking/running before I disconnected it to clean the carbs.
    Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

remove and clean the petcock
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I would have to have nearly a full tank of gas when this crap happens
      Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

petcock tehehehe
        With a hip hop the hippie to the hippie
        The hip hip a hop a you don't stop the rockin
        To the bang bang boogie
        Say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie the beat

Comment

im going through this same problem, no gas comes out on prime, vacuum doesnt suck gas through ON and res. did you find the problem? clogged petcock i suppose?

Comment

Petcock is located on the far left edge of the tank. When you remove the tank, simply tilt the tank to the right, raising the petock. If you prop the tank up this way, you will be able to remove the petock without spilling any gas at all, or needing to dump the tank.

I would suggest considering a rebuild kit when you inspect the petcock, if it's not in excellent internal condition.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
            X