X

Vent Hose?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vent Hose?

What are the function of the carburater vent hoses?

they vent air they drape over the air box so that crap does not go directly into your carbs.

Comment

what should I check for

I am trying to find a vacuum leak, still havnt figured out my carb issues...you have any suggestions on where to look for these problems?

Comment

not really, a vac leak could be ANY WHERE, I can't magically tell you were it is. I do know it ain't the vent hoses

Comment

yeah wasnt expecting you to jus thought there might be common mishaps when puting the carbs back together. oh well I think I may just take them all apart and start from scratch

Comment

The ones that come up over the airbox are puke tubes... and I'm pretty sure they purpose is to keep gas from getting dumped onto the motor.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Got a propane touch? That's what I use to check for vac leaks.
              2000 Katana 600
              2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Oh ffs guys
                the vent tubes are somewhere for air to pass out of as fuel is let into the carbs otherwise they would air lock & you'd run out of fuel
                Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

They vent the float bowl so there is no pressure on the fuel level and causes a change in the mixture. IMO the reason the hoses are run they are run is so the pressure on the fuel in the float bowl is the same as it is where the air enters the airbox. If there were 0 pressure back at the air box opening and 5" mercury at the vent hoses then you would run a richer mixture due to more pressure on the fuel in the float bowl.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
                    They vent the float bowl so there is no pressure on the fuel level and causes a change in the mixture. IMO the reason the hoses are run they are run is so the pressure on the fuel in the float bowl is the same as it is where the air enters the airbox. If there were 0 pressure back at the air box opening and 5" mercury at the vent hoses then you would run a richer mixture due to more pressure on the fuel in the float bowl.

Tmod
                    Correct with the addition that the reason they are run as they are is simply so that they are pointing down to prevent water getting into the carbs
                    Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Working...
                    X