X

Pre 750 Crankcase Breather Hoses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 750 Crankcase Breather Hoses

I have a Pre 750 which is, I assume, a non-california model. The reed valves are not present (probably because it is non-cali) and the soft hoses are plugged. The 2nd air cleaner is mounted but not attached to anything. Has anyone blanked flanged this system where it comes out of the cylinder? I am not sure what the purpose of having the hard pipe mounted to the cylinder and the soft pipe running up the frame, other than getting in the way and slowly dry rotting.

TIA,
    touch

I'm a little confused by your terminology.

The breather tube, off the valve cover should be a short piece of hose that runs to the airbox.

On a Pre, that's the only hose or connection that go anywhere or do anything (besides the drain tubes).
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

On the forward side of the cylinder block, below the exhaust ports, above the crankcase (nestled behind the exhaust headers and oil cooler) are four ports. On my bike, they have the california only plumbing, which consists of hard pipe, rubber hose, reed valve, hose, air switching valve, hose, 2nd air filter. The whole shebang is called the second air system. Right now, the rubber hose is capped before the reed valve. I don't know if this was a california bike, which has been modified, or if it is a 49 state bike and this is the factory method of eliminating the Second Air system.

Looking at the electronic haynes manual (painful), Fig 13-7 looks as if the port is either open to the atmosphere, or not milled out. I guess that is my question - remove all tubing and forget about it (open to the atmosphere), or blank flange it (not milled out).

Sorry if I am sowing confusion, but thanks for any assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Touch View Post
        On my bike, they have the california only plumbing, which consists of hard pipe, rubber hose, reed valve, hose, air switching valve, hose, 2nd air filter.
        If you have CA plumbing you have a CA bike.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation. I foresee some weight reduction in my near future.

Comment

Hey , the kids right ! I'll be damned , they DO listen sometimes !
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

beaner said something yesterday that I say all the time, these young kids are listening, cool

Comment

Well, hell...if you're going to go to church, you might as well listen when the gods speak.

posting twice, just to get some fries with my chicken strips.
                Last edited by Touch; 01-25-2009, 08:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Ahh otherwise known as the pair system Do a search they sell block-off plates for it to go where the pipes attach to the cylinder head Then just dump the entire system ......
                  Last edited by quik89Kat; 01-25-2009, 02:03 PM.
                  1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
                  2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
                  sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .
                  Burn rubber, not your soul. Ride among us.
                  A.S.E. master certified auto tech

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                    Hey , the kids right ! I'll be damned , they DO listen sometimes !
                    We always listen, it's just whether we remember it correctly or not
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                    X