X

throttle problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throttle problem

92 gsx600f my throttle cable is loosened all the way, the idle screw dosent even touch the throttle plate its supposed to, when i look in the carbs the throttle mechinism inside(round thing haha) is not closed all the way like it should be it is open with a gap about a 1/4 inch or a lil less when i start the bike it revs high around 5000rpm or mabye higher (my tach is broke)
    92 katana gsx600f

the darn thing is probably stuck
    take the carb off and do a cleaning

make shure not to lose anything

if doing the cleaning get a better jetkit save you the work later of taking it off

if doing the cleaning get a better jetkit save you the work later of taking it off
    Last edited by ICEG; 01-23-2009, 06:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by ICEG View Post

or someone may have opened them all the way up trying to visually sync them not knowing what they where doin.

Make sure its not binding anywhere inbetween the carbs, gently try to push the butterflys closed the (circle) things, If that dont work
      then adjust the screws inbetween the carbs and the engine (the ones pointing straight up) till you can barely see the small pinhole opening under those "circle" things inside the carbs < do this while its running and adjust your idle accordingly
      that'll get you started on a visual sync then take it to a dealer or search sync on here for instructions on how to sync them with a manometer
      Last edited by quik89Kat; 01-23-2009, 10:52 PM.
      1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
      2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
      sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .
      Burn rubber, not your soul. Ride among us.
      A.S.E. master certified auto tech

Comment

take this with a huge grain of salt as i have no idea and skim read

cable routing problem????

Comment

id start by buying a new cable, there cheap. if that doesnt work pull the carbs off and get thm cleaned. also if you have taken the cable off and routed it wrong it can do that.....maybe its the wrong cable too.

Comment

ICEG and quick89 are on the right track..
            I think quick's thought on the goofy synch is brilliant. Being able to guess what stupid mechanics can do to a bike can short cut repairs..

Comment

Thanx Pete I try
              1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
              2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
              sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .
              Burn rubber, not your soul. Ride among us.
              A.S.E. master certified auto tech

Comment

Working...
              X