No announcement yet.
X

Carb tuneing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes , but he SWEARS his plugs look shiny & new ......
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I'm buying that one with an a/f screw at 6 turns out, SURE

Comment

thats y i pulled the plugs i figured id need new ones..i have no reason to lie and this aint my first time doing mechanics im just more and efi guy. no i havnt hooked the drain hose up yet...i wastn workn on it at 12am just getn ideas to try today. 3 out of four of my a/f screws were exactly 2.3/4 out and other than idle the bike ran fine so i figure id start back at square one. ill go check things out for awhile and recheck the spark plugs and let you know what i find.

BTW i didnt take the four carbs apart from each other so the butterflys never have to be realined i check and they are all syncronized
        Last edited by Dart032; 01-23-2009, 09:59 AM.

Comment

ok im pretty sure its a vacuum thing..still not positive. I started her well kinda...she turned over ran 5 sec and then jumped to 7000 rmp sat there dropped and then died...

Comment

Ok I got her to where she will start and idle everytime and if you can get the rpm up to 5g she will stay running with proper throttle response. Does this mean she is still gettin to much fuel? I dont see why she stays ideling but dies if you give her a small rev under 4000rpm. Will setting the a/f screws to your 2.5 possibly remedy this arsenic?

Comment

Vacuum leak.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
                2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
                sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .
                Burn rubber, not your soul. Ride among us.
                A.S.E. master certified auto tech

Comment

As the bike revs into the mid-range (about 5,000) the needles are being pulled out of the mains. If they don't then the engine won't be able to keep running because it's not getting enough fuel. Look for a vacuum leak. That's gotta be it.
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

yeah im guessn vacuum leak too

reTightened all clamps and screws yesterday, unkinked a fuel line, put her all together got her to where she would idle but same as before had to rev hard enough to get past 5g to get proper throttle response and not kill the bike. Went back out to the garage around three and started her to show my uncle...not perfect but she ran. I managed to take her around the block three times and shift to third a couple times at 30mph so she was close to right...still a few hicups but that is to be expected since she hasnt been properly synced yet...as far as i know i didnt do anything so vacuum leak would make since (they are kinda tricky critters) and last time I checked bikes never fix themselves lol

Comment

Working...
                    X