X

drivechain making contact with swingarm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drivechain making contact with swingarm

hey kids. so when i had my bike on the centerstand, i noticed that the top loop of the chain drags along a rubber protector on the swingarm. i'm guessing the situation would improve if i had weight on it (compressing the spring and whatnot) but is this normal? i noticed that the rubber protector had a little bit of wear on it from the chain.

even when off the center stand, it makes a little contact, but not as much. i haven't checked it with me sitting on it (i'm sure it'll make a difference) because all the fairings and seat are off getting painted.

Don't sweat the wear, thats exactly what that parts ment to do. Only thing you need to be concerned with is your chain being properly adjusted. Other then that, Don't worry that it's making contact on the centerstand.
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

On the center stand it will. It should when you have weight on the bike. Sit on it and have someone check to see if the chain is contacting. If it is, either your chain needs to be adjusted or you could have a suspension problem.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

Working...
      X