X

yoshi exhaust question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yoshi exhaust question

Alright guys, Im doing the whole winter rebuild to the katana I bought at the end of september.... well today I found on craigslist and picked up a full yoshi exhaust and both seats for 75 buck.... well the only problem with the exhaust is that the pipe is welded to the header. . . any ideas how to make it back to a two peice? The only problem I can see with it being welded is harder to take on and off. Anyone ever just ran a sleeve to connect the two? But for 75 bucks for the pipe and seats I couldnt pass it up. only thing I need now is to paint the bike.... rebuild the carbs ( which I was waiting for a pipe so I could just put a jet kit in it any). One last question.. . . I raced quads and dirtbikes and have worked on them since I was 16.... but with a jet kit... like the Ivans willl say.... they dont give you a variety of mains.... I know different elevations require different jet on quads, wouldnt bikes be the same? I mean If imma pay 100 for a jet kit, I just wanna make sure its what I need. I did search this, just wanting other opinions and I already had a topic started anyways. I can get pics of the pipe if you guys need them....Thanks in advance..

Ian

Factory Pro does, Ivan's kit is the ONLY kit that doesn't give you a variety of mains. IMO Factory Pro is better anyway.

Comment

arsenic you seem like the man around here, i dont post much but read everyday, what are your thoughts on the welded exhaust? Is the kit worth it or just jet it on my own like i do with the quads? does it come with adjustable needles or something that you cant get through the dealer? Anyone in ohio with an aftermarket exhaust that can give me a baseline for jetting?

Comment

yes, the kit comes with needles and 4 different mains. I don't "think" the welded mid pipe to the header will be a problem. I have no idea WHY that was done however. Factory Pro provides excellent instructions, THEY give you a baseline for jetting.

Comment

sounds good then, I have no problem tearing this thing apart and learning by diy.... however I like to get other peoples opinions that are very familar with these bikes. I built my race quad for stock to now all myself, so i have no problem getting my hands dirty and I am very mechanically inclined. By the way, i just checked out your website, any finished pics of the bike? sorry to hear about the accident to man.

Comment

the bike would have to be finished first. What you see is were I am, it's actually a lot closer to being done then it appears. I have pretty much all the parts I talk about there, it's just a matter of waiting on the last few things and putting it together which will take me like a week end.

Comment

it looks good man. . . and just so you know, i am with you on the screw kandn.... my buddy blew his banshee up because the kn sucked dirt up even with the pre filter on it. cars and trucks are the only thing I would ever think about running one on. Even their oil filters i wont run, i had to rebuild my buddys raptor 660 because their oil filter disinagrated ( sp? ) in his motor and clogged the oil pump and starved the motor.

anywhere got any deals on the factory pro kit?
              Last edited by Michwolv60; 01-13-2009, 11:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I bought a few from ebay stores, try them, or you can buy one from FactoryPro.com for like $129.99 + shipping I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Michwolv60 View Post
                  well today I found on craigslist and picked up a full yoshi exhaust and both seats for 75 buck.... well the only problem with the exhaust is that the pipe is welded to the header. . . any ideas how to make it back to a two peice? The only problem I can see with it being welded is harder to take on and off.

No need . Just leave it welded . I once wanted to take mine apart to have it sandblasted , but that's really the only reason you might want to .

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                  I don't "think" the welded mid pipe to the header will be a problem. I have no idea WHY that was done however.
                  I know why ...... I ride with a guy whose pipe separated on the highway . Wadn't pretty . Good reason to make sure THAT won't happen .
                  Last edited by md86; 01-14-2009, 04:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

yeah, that could be bad

Comment

?

local napa sells band clamps there like 4"long so if it comes apart most likely it,ll stay together
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by lmj001; 01-15-2009, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X