X

is this worth it ? 1982 Suzuki GS1100E, 45k+ miles, $1000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this worth it ? 1982 Suzuki GS1100E, 45k+ miles, $1000

just wondering if it would be worth geting this engine with 45k miles on it. the whole bike comes with it and it run's but how much more life does it have? havent been out to check it out yet but will really soon.

need pics, also did the owner keep up on the service? i bpought a 93 for the same price, MINT condition, with 1/4 of the miles than that. i'd look arround more.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Lean in Lean out.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    1993 GSX750F Katana SOLD
    2002 GSX750R Black. SOLD
    2000 TL1000RR silver, SOLD
    2000 yamaha R1 red katana

-------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Yeah, 45K isnt a death wish for an engine by any means..but it all depends on how it was ridden and how well the owner took care of it.

Let us know when you go see it.

Comment

The GS engines in my opinion are one of the strongest engines, and by strongest I mean that they last a long time. The design of having 2 valves per cylinder last longer than the 4 valves and in there they have a roll bearing cam chain. I've seen many reach past the 120,000km mark and the bikes were still running strong. All of course if you maintain it.
        1989 Suzuki Katana 750

Comment

here's the whole listing and pic's. mainly i just want the engine for my'92 katana 750. probably sell the rest on ebay or something, or see if i can just buy the engine

"1982 Suzuki GS1100E
          Bored out to about 1200cc, Kerker pipes with deep loud throaty sound (cool!), good condition, 45k+ miles, runs fine, needs one push start every Spring then runs fine for rest of year. Quick bike. $1,000

Good road bike; also popular among the drag racing crowd since the engines are very durable and can be bored, etc."
          Attached Files

Comment

would you consider to just keep that bike the way it is? I think it would be better than having that engine in the kat or having a kat.
            1989 Suzuki Katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by lu6an View Post
              just wondering if it would be worth geting this engine with 45k miles on it. the whole bike comes with it and it run's but how much more life does it have? havent been out to check it out yet but will really soon.

I happen to own one of these bikes. It has 60k plus on it and it still runs strong. The only major work I've done to it is a valve adjustment. The gs1100e motor is a very strong motor and it just about bullet proof. However if you are worried about it then you can always put new rings and pistons in and replace all other parts you feel are worn.

Comment

Hey dude, it's not 2005.

Comment

Working...
                X