X

carb vacuum and fuel lines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb vacuum and fuel lines

on my 96 kat 600 i finally got around to pulling the carbs out to get them cleaned up and i noticed that i have absolutely no vacuum lines or fittings and the diagrams ive seen dont really show what goes where and what im missing exactly -can someone please post up some pics of carbs that are not missing anything and that are all together either that or some really good diagrams- o and what kind of fuel line should i use -oem or just replacement stuff from the bike shop- thanks in advance

No pictures to help but someone will have some soon.

Between Carbs 1 & 2 theres a nipple down low towards the bowl, Thats a fuel line.
    Between Carbs 3 & 4 Theres a nipple down low towards the bowl, Thats a fuel line too.

On the side of Carb # 4... Right side of the bike, you will see two nipples sticking out that appear similar in size and shape. The higher one and forward towards the motor is the one to supply vacuum to your petcock. If you are still unsure if this is the right nipple to hook to, Shine a flashlight into them, theres one thats blocked off and theres one thats open. Yes, the open ones the one you want to hook the vac line up to.

As for fuel lines, i just use the factory stuff, its cheap enough.
    Last edited by Newbie2it; 12-30-2008, 01:24 AM.
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
      No pictures to help but someone will have some soon.

Between Carbs 1 & 2 theres a nipple down low towards the bowl, Thats a fuel line.
      Between Carbs 3 & 4 Theres a nipple down low towards the bowl, Thats a fuel line too.

On the side of Carb # 4... Right side of the bike, you will see two nipples sticking out that appear similar in size and shape. The higher one and forward towards the motor is the one to supply vacuum to your petcock. If you are still unsure if this is the right nipple to hook to, Shine a flashlight into them, theres one thats blocked off and theres one thats open. Yes, the open ones the one you want to hook the vac line up to.
      thanks for the great info- pics do still help- but thanks

Comment

what does # 21 go to on the vacuum line
        wha are the lines coming off of the bottoms of the carbs-they bend at 90 degrees but i dont think my carbs have fittings for them
        also what do i do with the vacuum fittings on the other three carbs they all have the same fitting as the one that goes to the petcock- thanks
        Last edited by cleankat96; 12-30-2008, 11:39 AM.

Comment

anyone?

Comment

You dont have the rubber lines on the bottom that are bent at 90 degrees because thats a picture of a cali model, Ours is the same just without the hoses, 21 is part of that system so ignore it.

The nipples on the other three carbs are already blocked, Only carb # 4 has the nipple open. So no worries there. Just leave them as is.

Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

You dont have the rubber lines on the bottom that are bent at 90 degrees because thats a picture of a cali model, Ours is the same just without the hoses, 21 is part of that system so ignore it.

The nipples on the other three carbs are already blocked, Only carb # 4 has the nipple open. So no worries there. Just leave them as is.
              i meant 21 off of the top vacuum line the one that goes to the petcock it looks like it splits and theres a t in the line

Comment

The advise is still not changing here, As I said its California crap. Also noted on #21 "(CA)NIPPLE" See the (CA) thing, Yep.. Cali Model. #21 is noted more than once in that illistration for a Cali reason.

Like I said, Its nothing we have to worry about. Cali has the most crap on any model anything and has the most disclaimers. Most Makers know this and will just display the Cali model with note to whats "Ca" only. In other words, you dont own a cali Model, So Ignore the cali reference.

Comment

The advise is still not changing here, As I said its California crap. Also noted on #21 "(CA)NIPPLE" See the (CA) thing, Yep.. Cali Model. #21 is noted more than once in that illistration for a Cali reason.

Like I said, Its nothing we have to worry about. Cali has the most crap on any model anything and has the most disclaimers. Most Makers know this and will just display the Cali model with note to whats "Ca" only. In other words, you dont own a cali Model, So Ignore the cali reference.
                  thanks for your help

Comment

Welcome. Glad you asked for more definition.

Comment

Welcome. Glad you asked for more definition.
                      ya i honestly dont know much at all because im new to kats and on road bikes in general so the more info the better- im rebuilding a lot of the bike so well see how it turns out

Comment

Well, Don't be afraid to ask for help if you don't know or need clarification. This is the right place to ask. Having knowledge is something we all seek when it comes to any bike. You could be a crack Zuki mechanic, but if I dropped a kawi on your hands, you'd be looking for info as well. Your not a zuki mechanic, nor am I Nor is he, and if he was and got a Kawi to work on, he'd be in your shoes. Asking questions.

In other words, Don't be afraid to ask if you don't know

Comment

Working...
                        X