X

Clutch adjustement procedure

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch adjustement procedure

Does anyone knows the "right way" to adjust the d**n clutch on pre 98 600 kats?
    No matter what i do always seems to end up the wrong way! How is the worm mechanism supposed to be adjusted?!!
    I´m starting to get frustrated!
    Little (Christmas)help please

And of course Merry Christmas to all !!

if only you would have looked in the How To section, Here ya go http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=64698

Merry X-mas to you as well.

Tmod

Comment

Yup that is is.

Follow it to the letter! No "oh I did that" or I'll skip that.."
      To-the-letter...

Then either your clutch works or you have something wrong with it.

Merry Merry!

Comment

no, do not follow that to the letter. That part about tightening the screw in the worm gear until you feel HIGH resistance. That's wrong, I've told HS2020 that was wrong. You seat that screw and then back it out 1/2 a turn.

Comment

I wondered about that myself, What would high resistance be?

I have always set them to turn in until you feel resistance then back it out.

Tmod

Comment

I set mine so that when the clutch fully disengages I can put a quarter between the lever and perch, works for me.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Thanks for the tips! Sorry I didn't write sooner but been out of town for a while.
              Clutch is working fine.

Comment

Working...
              X