X

Rebuilt carbs, but sounds iffy over 8k rpm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilt carbs, but sounds iffy over 8k rpm

Background: 2001 Katana 600 with 11,400 miles. Carb problems back in August (back when I thought PRI stood for primary, not prime ). Could not spend the money on rebuilt carbs until late-October. Got the bike back in November. Warmed it up a few times and road up/down the gravel road in front of property. Finally put the plastic back on it today. Warmed it up and got on the highway. Current "higher-than-I-remember idle" of 1400 rpm was about 1600 after riding down the highway. Got it up to around 90 for a couple miles, but did not go any faster due to a few separate issues. Seems there there is a little miss or hiccup over 8,000 rpm. I have been running regular unleaded since repaired and petcock set to ON. Do I ride a couple more times since it has not been ridden much lately or is there most likely a problem?

For 600.00, I would assume so. Yeah I know what happens when one assumes. If it were not for the REALLY old tires, expired inspection sticker and another cold front, I would ride it up to the shop. Guess, I will have to follow-up with a phone call.

Comment

$600.00 bones, holy crap, did they buy you dinner first

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck in Austin View Post
        For 600.00, I would assume so. Yeah I know what happens when one assumes. If it were not for the REALLY old tires, expired inspection sticker and another cold front, I would ride it up to the shop. Guess, I will have to follow-up with a phone call.
        Oh, then calling the shop and explaining what's going on certainly would be in order.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Working...
        X