X

Ringing noise?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ringing Noise

I have the same problem. Tonight I finally found it, it is the top bolt on the rear brake torque arm. Bolt is tight, but still allows it to vibrate. Will try some rubber washers to stop noise. Has anyone else found this, if so what did they do to stop it?

Thanks

Comment

Had a similar problem last summer... around 4K Rpm ,when decelerating. Ringing sound...

Took off all fairings, still there...

Turns out it was the horn bracket... You may want to check that... it's held in place with only one bolt, and the other end of the bracket was just microns away from the frame, so at high rpm, it was vibrating on the frame, ringing...

Aramis

Comment

Ringing noise update.

I used a dremel tool to radius the shoulder on the front bolt of the rear brake torque arm. Re-installed bolt and it now will tighten down and snug the torque arm to the swing arm. No more noise!!!

:P :P :P

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484
          the little flip up thing over the gas cap rings on my bike, try pushing on that with your left hand while riding, see if it goes away.
          +1 it's totally loud and annoying!

Comment

Hm... been a while since I did this thread. I should probably mention that the ringing noise has stopped (it did long ago, actually), and if I remember, it was the grab bar bolts not being tight.

In fact, they were 1/4 of the way out! One time I just happened to grab the bar and I realized that it jiggled - wtf? Tightened them down and I haven't heard the noise since.

Moral of the story: be sure to re-torque your bolts!
            "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

I used a dremel tool to radius the shoulder on the front bolt of the rear brake torque arm. Re-installed bolt and it now will tighten down and snug the torque arm to the swing arm. No more noise!!!

little dab of RTV would have killed it in less time and energy

Comment

My bike had a similar problem, but it turned out to be that the tank was pressurizing and the pressure was escaping out the fuel cap. The tank was treated with Kreem and some of the vent holes became plugged up. Ran a snake into the holes to unplug them...
                "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"

"True wisdom, only comes from pain"

Comment

Working...
                X