No announcement yet.
X

Why is D&D such a disappointment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like pipes the same way I like hot sauce.........

You see, I'm a Red Hot guy..... I put Red Hot on everything! French fries, chili, steak, hamburgers, and of course chicken.....

Whenever somebody catches on to my Red Hot love, they alway like to tell me about their latest, greatest, fire-breathing, eats a hole in your stomach hot sauce that nobody can eat more than a drop of on anything. The problem is, though, that what good is that? What good is hotness without flavor?!?! Just being MORE is not good. You have to be more, but with the same quality.

Now, back to the pipes..... If we all liked quiet pipes, we'd stick with the stockers. We don't, we like them louder. The problem is that they need to sound GOOD. If D&D sounded like a louder 2 Brothers exhaust, there would be no problem. But it doesn't. To me, D&D exhausts are to a Two Brothers like a set of Cherry Bombs are to a full catback SLP Powerflo setup. Sure, the cherry bombs are louder, but they don't sound good, they're just loud.

Now maybe you'd like to say that we are just bashing whatever is louder. Bah! Let anybody compare a Geo Metro with a glasspack to a Ferrari 360 with a full Tubi exhaust........ The Ferrari is louder, but NOBODY is going to bash it for it. There is something to be said about the quality of sound coming out.......

You know, I'm liking that Cherry Bomb reference....... That's what it is to me...... D&D is the Cherry Bomb of the motorcycle world!
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I have listen to both D&D and Yoshi. I still would pick the Yoshi it sounds better to me.

Comment

I got two on the Kats
        Yep, They are loud, Got a bunch of comments from the guys i ride with. People give me looks when the 600 cranks over and everyone loks at me with the "Damn i wasn't expecting that" look on their face.

my hack job D&D on my 750 will be replaced with a new D&D Slip on (In Black of course

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
          I like pipes the same way I like hot sauce.........

You see, I'm a Red Hot guy..... I put Red Hot on everything! French fries, chili, steak, hamburgers, and of course chicken.....

Whenever somebody catches on to my Red Hot love, they alway like to tell me about their latest, greatest, fire-breathing, eats a hole in your stomach hot sauce that nobody can eat more than a drop of on anything. The problem is, though, that what good is that? What good is hotness without flavor?!?! Just being MORE is not good. You have to be more, but with the same quality.

Now, back to the pipes..... If we all liked quiet pipes, we'd stick with the stockers. We don't, we like them louder. The problem is that they need to sound GOOD. If D&D sounded like a louder 2 Brothers exhaust, there would be no problem. But it doesn't. To me, D&D exhausts are to a Two Brothers like a set of Cherry Bombs are to a full catback SLP Powerflo setup. Sure, the cherry bombs are louder, but they don't sound good, they're just loud.

Now maybe you'd like to say that we are just bashing whatever is louder. Bah! Let anybody compare a Geo Metro with a glasspack to a Ferrari 360 with a full Tubi exhaust........ The Ferrari is louder, but NOBODY is going to bash it for it. There is something to be said about the quality of sound coming out.......

You know, I'm liking that Cherry Bomb reference....... That's what it is to me...... D&D is the Cherry Bomb of the motorcycle world!
          I believe D&D is more like the SLP Loudmouth on a Camaro... Ya it's way loud (and probably overkill) but it just sounds so freakin' mean. I ride with a bunch of supersport guys and most of them have told me 'Dude that sounds so mean/powerful/fast.. Too bad it's not.' But again it's personal preference. I think the Yosh sounds wimpy. Although I wish D&D would make a SLIGHTLY quieter system. And it makes children run away and women love it.
          I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!
          --It's a thong, just relax and accept the string.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000GSXKatana View Post
            is that beating a dead horse? cause it looks like a kangaroo!
            99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
            06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
            06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
            lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

Comment

NOt sure about the D&D pipe its self, but the D&D repack sounds great in my hindle pipe...
              2001 Kawasaki zx1100

2000 Kat 750, in 600 Yellow. (GONE but not forgotten)

Bike pics link: http://s422.photobucket.com/albums/pp310/smitty600/

Comment

Originally posted by delkampg View Post
                is that beating a dead horse? cause it looks like a kangaroo!
                Yes, the old saying..... beating a dead kangaroo.....
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

D&D is not loud compared to the GP styled exhausts from racefit, LOR, and MIVV. They are only 10.25" cans with a 3" core that are REALLY loud but I love the deep loud sound.

I have had D&D on 3 bikes now 04Kat,07R6s, and 95 VFR750. I actually ordered a mid pipe for the 750 to put the one from the R6 on the VFR. With rhe D&D on the VFR it sounds like a V8 with a cam at idle and has sweet music all the way till redline.. I love the V4, don't think I could go back to inlines.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post

Now, back to the pipes..... If we all liked quiet pipes, we'd stick with the stockers. We don't, we like them louder.
                    I like the stocker . I like how it's not loud , I like the note (though admittedly is IT a tad weak) , and I like the symmetry of the twice-pipes . I DON'T like how it gets in the way of chain maintenance , and how big of a PITA it is to remove/replace . That's why I have the Yosh on mine . Not for the sound , but the practicality and convenience .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                      if i wanted a bike that loud, i'd just buy a harley
                      hahahahaha

sound like chit , look like chit , smell like chit.. yep they must be chit
                      Last edited by kidblooper; 12-22-2008, 01:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                        I like the stocker . I like how it's not loud , I like the note (though admittedly is IT a tad weak) , and I like the symmetry of the twice-pipes . I DON'T like how it gets in the way of chain maintenance , and how big of a PITA it is to remove/replace . That's why I have the Yosh on mine . Not for the sound , but the practicality and convenience .
                        Well, if you like stock, quiet pipes, but don't want the 4 into 2 because of convenience, then why not throw on a 98+ stock setup? I just so happen to have the whole stock 98+ 750 setup sitting here. (No, literally..... I live by myself, my motorcycle parts are all over the house and the header is sitting about 3 feet away)

Comment

Then I'd have to get the 98+ oil pan ..... Long-term I'd like a B12 in there anyway .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

?

Have a v&h not much better lol.....

Comment

my yoshi came with the bike

Comment

i like my D&D but it was a pain in the backside to slip the mid pipe into the header
                                "The country i am hearing now a days is a bunch of F***ing S*** to me" Hank Williams lll

Comment

Working...
                                X