No announcement yet.
X

engine rpm bouncing rapidly while riding, mostly 5k+

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or for that matter, if the seal between the air box and carbs were loose, would that cause any issues? my air box fits kind of weird sometimes, and maybe it's letting air in on one of the cylinders... still though, i dont see why that would make a difference since it's still getting air.... maybe too much somehow? hmmm

Comment

Update: Today I got a compression tester to check compression, all were around 125 or so... Dunno if it could have gone any further or not.. I think that's good, since they're all about equal. I took the carbs apart entirely and this time noticed a few of the o-rings on the vacuum for testing sync was corroded away a little bit. I took all of the carbs apart entirely. I am going to try to get either a rebuild kit<was told Special K has em>, or just buy everything from ronayers... I think I'll get the pilot needles, springs, o-rings for everything else, and see where that gets me. I'm thinking the o-rings on the vacuum seals may have been doing this... I think here in a few weeks when I get all the parts that I'll be resolving this thread, or so I hope! =]

Comment

I was just going to suggest making sure you had O rings in all the needed places.

Ne-Oublie had a similar problem. Turned out the O-Rings were missing out of the air/fuel mixture screws if I remember right, and it was causing the same problem. So check your O-Rings!!!
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

well, earlier today i ordered $55 worth of o-rings and a few springs and such for the pilot needles... i guess i'll see. for a CHANGE i am feling really optimistic on this, hehe. i bought some cheap o-rings from an auto parts store the other day, but they were too big.. i couldnt even ride the bike cause i think it messed the vacuum up that much... soooo, that being said, it's really making me wonder about the vacuum on the sync ports, i think there was definitely a leak in at least one cylinder... i took all of the rings off, one was severely damaged... i'm thinking that when i got the jet kit installed, that was the final straw for it, when they removed the tops of the carbs, broke the seal i guess... i'm hoping i'll be posting a resolution in about two weeks when they finally come, ack, takes SO long for such a simple part.

Comment

what main jets do you have installed as you say if you let off a little it runs ok, it could be you main jets are too small ....

Comment

well, the main jets are 120 i think is what it was. i've been talking to dynojet through email also, they're saying there might be too much air going into it, and possibly raising the needle up a groove... hmm, i'm unsure. i think it was running WAY too rich before that cause it ran super crappy until i removed the donut ring off the air box, it's an uni box. unsure, starting to get old. i'm gonna go cover up half the air box hole and ride around and see if it improves anything.

Comment

Anyone know if a rich condition would cause the bike to surge up and down rapidly like this? After receiving a junk pair of carbs off ebay... I'm just going to buy some smaller OEM jets and see if that'll solve anything.... Still messing with this issue =]

Thanks.

Comment

Who would have guessed it's the chain? I finally started looking a bit closer at it, and noticed the chain was in a pretty poor condition. It was screwed up somehow or another and was locking down tighter when it hit the sprockets. I just got a new chain on it and WOW, it runs nice as hell! I'm very happy with it now, I got a lot more response back out of it too. That chain must have been in horrible shape.

Comment

Working...
                  X