X

750 kat tranny problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 kat tranny problem

I am asking any one out there for a little help, I have a 93 750 kat that only has two gears now. I was on my way home from work one morning and it went up thru the gears with no prob. but I tried to downshift (yes with clutch always) it went down to 5th but would not shift any further I have had this bike since 2000 and have never had even a stitch of problems with it. this was a suprise any info would be a help

Are you able to shift it at all manually with the bike not running? You would need to roll forward and back after each shift for the tranny to line up for the next shift. Might have bent a shifter fork, but that still wouldnt make it totally not shift square out of the blue.

Let us know.
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

dumb question maybe, but is the clutch funtioning properly?
      99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
      1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
      '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
      Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

When's the last time you did a cable adjustment? Is there any play in your clutch lever?
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

the clutch is working and I tried adjusting the cable just to make sure but it did not need it, and the only shifting it will do running or not is up to 6th and down to 5th no further I have decided to tear it down and crack the case just to see and hope i can fix it. if you guys have any ideas lay them on me need all the help I can get.

Comment

Working...
          X