X

Winter Projects?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Projects?

I do not like the winter months as I can't ride the Kat and can't take the Mustang to the track, but I am looking foward to doing some stuff to the kat this winter. I know for sure that all of the plastic is coming off and is going to get some fresh paint and a friend of my wife's is going to add some air brush work. Other than that, I am looking at maybe doing some performance stuff, I need opinions though, all input is greatly appreciated!

Looking at maybe:
    Bandit 1200 header
    Ivans Jet Kit
    5 degree Timing Advancer

Is there any other performance products for the 600's that won't break the bank...still got to tend to the Pony to you know!
    2001 Suzuki Katana 600 (Stock with a pipe...For now!!!)

1990 Mustang Coupe-331 SBF with a Blowdryer on 10.5's (new at the small tire stuff...gets a little crazy)

Decent tires & jet kit immediately spring to mind ...
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I would NOT do the Bandit 1200 header without GSXR cams. And if your planing on GSXR cams do NOT get an Ivan's kit, get a Factory Pro kit. Why in the holy hell would you get a B12 header on a 600, you do know you can get a 750 header right?
      Last edited by arsenic; 10-31-2008, 03:36 AM.

Comment

I'm looking to do tires, brake pads, brake lines, and possibly chain. I also need to touch up the rat can job, get some vinyl from brooklynjay, and probably cut the rear fender. If I get ballsy enough I'll try my hand at making a solo cowl as well.

Anyone have access to a vacuum former?

Comment

cheapest performance upgrade? Rider Knowlage. $25 for a copy of Nick Ienatsch "Sport Riding Techniques"
          99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
          1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
          '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
          Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
            cheapest performance upgrade? Rider Knowlage. $25 for a copy of Nick Ienatsch "Sport Riding Techniques"

My winter project is turning my 2005 V-Star 1100, into what I like to call the Electra Star 1100. I am taking a Harley Davidson Electra Glide front fairing, custom making brackets, adding new gauges, and speakers so i can use my mp3 player on the bike, then replace my saddlebag with hard bags, also add a trunk on the rear, and finally painting everything Gloss black with blue flakes.....

All of this gets under way in January....

projects at hand at....Valve Adjustment, Oil Change, 2 new tires, and breaks all the way around.

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

new conti road attack on the front, new front wheel bearing, new EBC HH's all the way around, oil change... all that finished friday of next week, (brakes done a few weeks ago) ... moving on to the end of november, pulling the carbs, cleaning, jetting, balancing, then pulling both sprockets and replacing the them and going to a o-ring chain, (perhaps replace rotors here to) , end of december - Vance & Hines SSr2 full system, ignition advancer, new grips and bar ends, finishing paintwork, good steam cleaning, adjust valves, new plugs.

Conti Road Attack (back) - 175$ (had them take the rim off the bike)
              Conti Road Attack (Front) - 174$ (140$ - tire - (34$ dismount/mount/balance)
              EBC HH Pads - (All Around) - 134$ (HH worth the extra money, great brakes)
              Wheel Bearings (front) - 30$ (install myself)
              Oil Change - - ~50$ (done myself)
              Carb Work - - (Cost of cleaner)
              Jet Kit - - ~ 125$ (last i remember)
              RK Sprockets & Chain - 150$
              Vance & Hines Full System - ~ 450$
              Ignition Advancer - ~ 55$
              Valve Adjustment - Free
              Grips & Bar Ends - 50$
              Plugs - ~ 20$

Adds up to around 1500$ but my bike will be golden for next season minus oil changes. (btw, for you guys that are real observant, its got a new air filter :P )
              Last edited by katanawarrior; 10-31-2008, 02:02 PM.
              Currently Riding:
              1995 Katana 600
              V&H Exhaust
              Jet Kit

SOLD
              2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
              1987 XV700 Bobber
              REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

Working...
              X