No announcement yet.
X

just a few questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorilla tight is how many people seem to torque things when they don't have a torque wrench . Instead of say 18 ft/lbs , you'll end up needing a breaker bar to get a nut off , as they put it at like 103 ft/lbs .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

No harm, no foul. Seeing from the view above, there was no major exhaust leak. It would be black near the pipe where it meets the engine. Take the bolt out, figure out the tread, run a tap to match the thread back into the head and re-thread the bolt back in.

I suggest re-tapping the thread first to ensure the threads are clean rather than just shoving the bolt back into the hole to only have it bind partway back in and you force it and snap it off. When you put the bolt back in, use some Anti seize on the threads. Torque to proper levels.
      If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
      Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

mojoe might still have some new SS bolts. No clue though.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

yah ill have to re tap it and get all the rust out...thanx for the help and knowledge everyone

p.s. md86 i was just confused
          Last edited by Jerkeife; 10-15-2008, 10:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

. And careful how you run that tap in . Don't wanna end up cutting some crooked threads . THAT'D ruin your day .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
              . And careful how you run that tap in . Don't wanna end up cutting some crooked threads . THAT'D ruin your day .
              lol when i first started using taps i did that alot...thankfully ive gotten better but i sure gave my dad some headaches when i first started

Comment

Working...
              X