X

stalling out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stalling out

I've been reading on here for a few days and can't find my exact problem.

Have a 2000 kat 600, 9800 miles. I have it tuned up last year and then it sat for the winter. I have only ridden about 8 times this summer for a total of 200 miles (if that). The bike has run perfect every time.

Now, the last time I took the bike out, it ran fine until I came to a red light. When I engaged the clutch to stop, it stalled. Started right back up, had to rev a little, then took off and ran fine. Then stalled at next stop. Started fine again, and so on, every stop.

Tonight, a put a little seafoam in there. Started right up with choke, turned choke to normal idle, idled low, and died.

In all the other posts, people report "bogging down" and "rough idle" with this problem. Mine does not do either. Full power when it's moving, never bogs or stutters. Only dies when the clutch is put in to stop. (and doesn't want to stay running when restarted).

Anyone else have this problem!

It will take awhile to get the seafoam to work, plus it will help to run a few tanks through it. Kats hate to sit around and not be driven.
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

thanks. seemed to help a little. just have to find time to mess with it.

Comment

Working...
      X