Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

mechanic can't figure out whats wrong with my bike...any ideas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well your best bet is to talk to the manager and explain to him that you shouldnt have to pay for them to do nothing. Bikes are farely simple (not a lot of relays and what not) if they have truly cleaned the carbs which I'm doubting and replaced the fuel lines, gaskets , filters, then there is not much else that could be wrong. It could be your petcock valve these tend to rust after sitting for years. Umm Im no expert though on Carbs but I know what the sonic cleaner thing is and it makes me wonder. Ask the dealer if they have rebuilt the carbs not just cleaned them..around here this is $175 per Carb...aka have someone on here do it lol..but its worth asking them, I know they said they cleaned them but thats not the same as overhauling them. I personally woule be talking to suzuki more and just give your father a headsup.

Comment

Originally posted by katanafreak93 View Post
      Wow. I thought this was solved by now. You're at $450.00 and no bike yet???? And from what I remember this was a fueling problem? Sorry for your loss dude. I honestly don't know what to say.
      thats just in parts, not even labor.

They ran some diagnostic suzuki told them to and screwed up stuff and broke some things and had to order new parts.

In my opinion, I should not have to pay for parts/labor when those things and time did nothing to fix the motorcycle...am i wrong there? especially when they broke some stuff on their own..

The root problem was the bike had been sitting for a while, and it wouldnt run unless the choke was at least halfway in.

Comment

Originally posted by Dart032 View Post
        Well your best bet is to talk to the manager and explain to him that you shouldnt have to pay for them to do nothing. Bikes are farely simple (not a lot of relays and what not) if they have truly cleaned the carbs which I'm doubting and replaced the fuel lines, gaskets , filters, then there is not much else that could be wrong. It could be your petcock valve these tend to rust after sitting for years. Umm Im no expert though on Carbs but I know what the sonic cleaner thing is and it makes me wonder. Ask the dealer if they have rebuilt the carbs not just cleaned them..around here this is $175 per Carb...aka have someone on here do it lol..but its worth asking them, I know they said they cleaned them but thats not the same as overhauling them. I personally woule be talking to suzuki more and just give your father a headsup.

Holy crap! $175.00 per carb???? Send me your carb's. I'll do it for that much. Really, you could have bought a set of carb's from a few here on KR that have already been done for that much.

Comment

"
          Holy crap! $175.00 per carb???? Send me your carb's. I'll do it for that much. Really, you could have bought a set of carb's from a few here on KR that have already been done for that much
          "

Yeah when they told me that I laughed all the way out the door lol.

If they admitted to breaking something you shouldnt pay for it..I'd just being calling your dad an suzuki and tell them that if the price doesnt reflect their ignorence then they can talk to your lawyer...(BTW Dont mention your lawyers your dad lol).
          Bottom line is some people will steal you money as long as you keep dishing it out...if it comes down to it demand your bike back.

Comment

Originally posted by Dart032 View Post
            ""

Yeah when they told me that I laughed all the way out the door lol.

If they admitted to breaking something you shouldnt pay for it..I'd just being calling your dad an suzuki and tell them that if the price doesnt reflect their ignorence then they can talk to your lawyer...(BTW Dont mention your lawyers your dad lol).
            Bottom line is some people will steal you money as long as you keep dishing it out...if it comes down to it demand your bike back.
            i have thought about demanding the bike back and taking it somewhere else but the problem is they are the only suzuki place within 2.5 hours of me...

the lawyer thing will be a last resort, i don't want it to come down to that

Comment

Im not necessarily saying sue them yet but just talk to your dad about your options lol. It may be worth the afternoon drive to take it elswhere.

Comment

dude, dude, dude, I don't give a **** if that's the only "dealership" within 2.5 hours. Take the carbs off, it's 8 phillips head screws, 4 on the intake boots, 4 on the air box boots. I'll do the WHOLE set of carbs for $150 bucks, ask some of the other members, I've done it lots of times before, and they actually work right
                recently I've done Crusingram, that was a HELL of a lot worse the 04 carbs could be that was an 88 600.
                I've also done Mogg's 1100 carbs, I put a Factory Pro jet kit in them, ask him if they are good.

**edit** actually, I DON'T want them, I'll be fixing all the **** they did wrong, and that aint fun
                Last edited by arsenic; 10-24-2008, 07:34 PM.

Comment

There are probably around $175 worth of parts in the carbs with all the various seals....

sounds like they replaced those, but didn't other to actually clean anything.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Simple, get your bike back by any means necessary, buy a screwdriver set, a metric hex-key set, 2 cans of carb cleaner, some locking pliers, needle nose pliers, buy the service manual, and some nitrile gloves if you wanna get anal. thats all you need to clean your carbs. nothing hard about cleaning carbs. i didn't know jack about bikes, but i've never had to take my bike to the stealership. the only way you're going to learn is by getting dirty. it doesn't sound fun, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to say, "Yea thats mine, and I fixed it." You have nothing to worry about, we'll all be here to help you out.
                    Captain of Squad 11

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                      dude, dude, dude, I don't give a **** if that's the only "dealership" within 2.5 hours. Take the carbs off, it's 8 phillips head screws, 4 on the intake boots, 4 on the air box boots. I'll do the WHOLE set of carbs for $150 bucks, ask some of the other members, I've done it lots of times before, and they actually work right
                      recently I've done Crusingram, that was a HELL of a lot worse the 04 carbs could be that was an 88 600.
                      I've also done Mogg's 1100 carbs, I put a Factory Pro jet kit in them, ask him if they are good.

**edit** actually, I DON'T want them, I'll be fixing all the **** they did wrong, and that aint fun
                      does it sound like it is still a carb problem and they just didnt clean it properly?

Comment

Originally posted by tunes View Post
                        So i took my bike to the local dealership today after just purchasing it a few months ago. The guy i bought it from hadn't ridden it in 2 years and i got a great deal on it so i figured why not. It has a problem where the bike wont run unless the choke is at least halfway. He called today and said that they have to call Suzuki to figure out whats wrong with it but i was hoping some of you guys know? It still has to have the choke at least half way and he said they took apart the carbs and cleaned them twice already....what else could be causing this?

Your statement above gives the tell tale signs of the problem. The bike sat for 2 years. That's the red flag for a cleaning.
                        Last edited by Kfreak; 10-27-2008, 09:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by katanafreak93 View Post
                          Your statement above gives the tell tale signs of the problem. The bike sat for 2 years. That's the red flag for a cleaning.

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                          X