X

Conecting HT leads to plugs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conecting HT leads to plugs

I was going to dig my plugs out today to give them a clean/checkup, but couldnt due to me (or any local shop!!) having the right socket size :/

Anyways, i checked the HT leads instead. Im not sure if this is correct but the leads on my bike are basically shoved onto the screw in the boot. They arent very secure and come out with a very slight pull.

How do i secure them better??

Bike seems to be running fine despite this possible loose connection.

unscrew the boot, clip the wire end and self tap back onto the wire. Socket is a deep well 18mm and needle nose pliers to lift out after unscrewed.
    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Cheers for that

By 'self tap' u mean jus screw it into the wire right? This is what i've done, although its hard to get a strong fitting..

i'll have another go at it as soon as i find an 18mm deep well socket, they're rare over this side of the world it seems! lol

Comment

As a side note, I use a 18mm thin walled socket and then grab the plug with flexible mechanical fingers. The fingers work well to start the plugs back in as well.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X